Tempo Automation is a world-class contract electronics manufacturer that utilizes a software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco focused on merging data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond to bring new innovations to the market faster and better than ever before.
The People Operations Specialist will manage employee data integrity, own the on-boarding and off-boarding processes, and support the People Operations team's initiatives. The People Operations Specialist will work with detailed & highly confidential information, making a high level of accuracy, consistency, and thoroughness imperative.
You would be a great fit if you possess excellent people, organizational, and critical thinking skills. You love to find ways to make processes more efficient and our data cleaner. You have the ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks and excel at working in a collaborative team environment. You are knowledgeable about HR practices, obsessed with the employee experience, and always focused on the overall needs of the business.
- Lead employee lifecycle administration from onboarding, payroll issue resolution, benefits administration, status changes, offboarding.
- Perform virtual and onsite onboarding activities for new hires, including set up of systems, processing of onboarding checklists and other various onboarding tasks.
- Manage employee change process including coordinating all required approvals and data entry into HR/Payroll system. Responsible for maintaining ADP (HRIS) with all employee data changes in a timely and accurate manner. Conduct audits of HR-related data using various systems, ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Perform tasks related to the administration of benefit, wellness, and leave of absence programs. Assist employees with benefit related questions. Support benefit programs by pulling reports and coordinating with Finance on payments.
- Support the Open Enrollment process by ensuring the HR system (ADP) is set up for enrollment, answering employee questions, holding Q&A sessions and following up with employees as necessary.
- Support payroll processing by partnering with People Operations, Finance, and our payroll processing vendor.
- Manage unemployment programs including EDD’s Workshare, providing data about employee layoffs and furloughs for supplemental pay.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports, monthly reports, and dashboards. Analyze HR data sets as requested.
- Manage employee activity programs to support the work culture, including onsite and virtual events to support employee engagement and fun! Maintain inventory of Tempo logo merchandise.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the People Team initiatives.
- 2-3 years of experience in HR administration, including HR systems, payroll, benefits, and onboarding
- Experience in Operations role, ideally in an internal customer facing role. Strong customer service skills are a must.
- Possess understanding of basic human resource principles, practices and procedures.
- Possess strong verbal/written communication, time management, organization, interpersonal, and teamwork skills.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information
- The ability to multi-task in a growing fast-paced environment.
- A genuine interest in continuous process improvement and effective project management skills
- ADP Workforce Now HR/Payroll system experience is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or G-suite
- Experience in a start-up in growth mode a plus
- As COVID restrictions lift, be able to commute to our SF office a minimum of 2 days per week
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee's premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years