Tempo Automation is transforming the way electronic product companies innovate and bring new products to market. Tempo’s breakthrough, software-automated, data driven manufacturing platform delivers unprecedented speed, quality and transparency at the most critical time in a product’s life cycle – prototype through new product introduction – when fast iteration and time to market are imperatives. Customers who count on Tempo Automation for this strategic advantage include the leading innovators in aerospace, medical technology, semiconductor, industrial technology, automotive and other key industries.
We’re seeking an Order Operations Project Coordinator who will support our sales team and our most strategic clients in ensuring the success of their New Product Development (NPD) and New Product Introduction (NPI) initiatives.
In this role, you’ll be using your operations and project management background to manage orders from order confirmation to customer delivery and beyond, by performing:
Order Review/Management: Systematically review each order to define the process steps and ensure we can meet the requirements within the stated lead time. Update our production tools to reflect the necessary processes and inspection criteria. Promptly communicate any changes to the delivery schedule.
Requirements Review: Analyze orders with respect to material requirements that may not have been considered during the pre-processing stages. Communicate with entities inside Tempo and ensure deliverables arrive on-time.
Project Management: Mitigate risks and coordinate with stakeholders (internally and externally) in order to ensure the on-time delivery to customer requirements.
Planning: Assist the Schedule Planner to manage daily production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company’s daily capacity.
Continuous Improvement: Identify areas of improvement and driving those improvements to the responsibilities listed above. You will also participate in developing the methodology for new processes, acting as the liaison between other departments to define the requirements, lead times, and schedule.
- Drive customer projects from order confirmation to shipment and beyond:
- Create and monitor schedule and progression of the job through production, communicating changes or delays which may affect delivery schedules
- Analyze and deploy change requests from customers
- Maintain tracking, internal communications, and status updates
- Liaise with the customer to resolve issues
- Communicate changes or delays which may affect delivery schedules (internally and externally).
- Communicate with Finance to initiate invoicing when complete
- Understand client requests, ask clarifying questions, determine the proper path for issue resolution
- Communicate cross-departmentally to complete assigned projects, providing appropriate information to stakeholder queries.
- Provide support to team members and other departments in need.
- At least 2 years of experience in operations, project management, or administrative role.
- Quick learner with an uncanny ability to adapt to changing company & client needs.
- Sense of urgency with a customer-centric focus and excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, highly organized, self-motivated, and able to multitask.
- Hands-on experience with tools & apps eg: Slack, MS Excel, Google suite, etc.
- Experience in manufacturing/order fulfillment, project management, and
- Previous experience in PCB manufacturing would be a huge plus.
What We Offer:
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee's premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday's to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.