Tempo Automation is transforming the way electronic product companies innovate and bring new products to market. Tempo’s breakthrough, software-automated PCBA manufacturing platform delivers unprecedented speed, quality, and transparency at the most critical time in a product’s life cycle – prototype through new product introduction – when fast iteration and time to market are imperatives. Customers who count on Tempo Automation for this strategic advantage include the leading innovators in aerospace, medical technology, semiconductor, industrial technology, automotive, and other key industries.
We’re looking for a Sr. Manager to join our Order Management team. In this role, reporting to the Sr. Director of Operations, you will oversee the Supply Chain and Quotation teams and be responsible for contributing to delivering a best-in-class customer experience at Tempo.
- Management Responsibilities:
- Oversee the day to day functions of the supply chain and quotation teams.
- Drive all relevant KPI’s in order to optimize our profitability and position to win orders.
- Establish partnerships across the organization to drive continuous improvement culture through best practice sharing, vocal advocacy, and visible hands-on leadership.
- Oversee compliance to documented processes and procedures and develop new ones as necessary. Collaborate and communicate with other leaders to ensure process development approaches are complementary and drive efficiency to the overall system.
- Initiate cross-functional projects to improve processes and close organizational gaps as they appear.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with coworkers to promote a cooperative working climate.
- Supply Chain and Procurement:
- Identify vulnerabilities and expansion opportunities in our supplier base, and develop strategies to address them.
- Rationalize supply channels by consolidating vendor portfolios where there is excessive overlap.
- Drive cost savings through supplier selection, negotiated price, and delivery terms with key suppliers, including MSA’s when appropriate.
- Act as liaison between the Supply Chain Organization and internal stakeholders including production planning, sales, and manufacturing to provide updates on supply status including highlighting potential risks and proposed solutions and mitigating steps.
- Collaborate with Sales and Production Planning to develop forecasts and programs which address them without exposing Tempo to undue risks.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally on the planning and managing inventory of high mix with low volumes, ensure high quality of inventory, own safety stock, MOQ & physical inventory policies, work with stakeholders & suppliers on improvement projects & lead-time reductions.
- Be accountable for audits and submit reports to senior management regarding materials control activities.
- Collect and analyze quotations data to determine patterns of success or failure.
- Serve as an escalation point and provide approvals to help move deals forward.
- Oversee the quotation team, ensuring pricing represents a fair value of exchange for both Tempo and customers.
- Identify and make recommendations for process improvements; assist or drive implementation on projects such as CPQ implementation.
- Actively analyze market information, or input from appropriate team members to perform market price analysis.
- Provide product support, cost/margin analysis, and quotation guidance to the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, or a related field (equivalent work experience and certifications will be considered).
- 2+ years’ management experience, preferably within a Supply Chain organization.
- Knowledge of key performance metrics and financial reporting.
- APICS CPIM, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, or similar certifications a plus.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication.
- Proven multi-tasking abilities.
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and discuss the broader vision.