Tempo Automation is transforming the way electronic product companies innovate and bring new products to market. Tempo’s breakthrough, software-automated PCBA manufacturing platform delivers unprecedented speed, quality and transparency at the most critical time in a product’s life cycle – prototype through new product introduction – when fast iteration and time to market are imperatives. Customers who count on Tempo Automation for this strategic advantage include the leading innovators in aerospace, medical technology, semiconductor, industrial technology, automotive and other key industries.
We’re seeking a Production Supervisor to join our Manufacturing team and oversee the second shift (2:00PM - 10:30PM). Reporting to the Sr. Director of Manufacturing, this role will be responsible for the direct oversight of supervisors and front-line employees on his or her designated shift. You will also responsible for ensuring that productivity levels and stakeholder communication requirements are being met as well as supervisors and front-line employees are complying with all safety, quality, and compliance standards established by the Company, by our Clients, and by regulatory authorities.
- 3+ years experience in a leadership position within the EMS industry, including:
- Experience and understanding of all equipment in the plant.
- Experience and understanding of the Contract Electronics Manufacturing process.
- Experience leading team meetings and providing manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Have an understanding of basic maintenance and downtime causes.
- Experience coordinating with a Scheduler to ensure daily production requirements are achieved.
- Ability to look at the production load with a 24 hour mindset to set up the next shift for success.
- Coordinate production and complete production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on production documentation and shift production summaries.
- Experience carrying out supervisory responsibilities including:
- Interviewing, hiring & training employees.
- Planning, assigning & directing work.
- Appraising performance.
- Rewarding & disciplining employees.
- Addressing complaints & resolving problems.
- Must be willing to work extended hours, as needed, in order to meet production requirements.
- Act in partnership with cross-functional teams, with the ability to identify personnel and teams to effectively address issues.
- Assist in production or other duties as assigned when needed.
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, and to discuss the broader vision.