Tempo Automation is the world’s fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond to bring new innovations to the market faster and better than ever before.
About the Role:
The Senior People Operations Manager is in a crucial position to help create an excellent employee experience at Tempo Automation. You will be instrumental in promoting and aligning our People Operations activities with our mission, vision and values. You will partner closely with the VP, People and other members of the People team as well as internal and external partners to further define and drive efficient, scalable processes that meet the dynamic needs of our diverse team. The People Operations Manager will own all tools, systems and infrastructure that supports the People function. You will report directly to the V of People.
What You'll Do:
- Continuously identify and implement ways to improve the employee experience by engaging with other Temponauts and bringing perspective on best practices in all areas of people operations.
- Thoughtfully address workplace and employee relations issues on an individual and consistent basis. Coach and support managers with challenging conversations, performance management and terminations.
- Manage employee data and own all People Ops systems ensuring information is current, secure and confidential.
- Partner closely with the People team to execute People Ops processes and programs with a focus on the Temponaut experience and data integrity.
- Support reporting, audit, compliance, and data integrity initiatives, including COVID related policies and procedures.
- Collaborate closely with Payroll, FP&A and Accounting for reporting, budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Be the point person for employee benefits, working with the VP, People to design and roll out first-rate benefits to our Temponauts. Support the open enrollment process and act as a resource for Temponauts on questions related to payroll, benefits, off-boarding, etc.
- Generally, be a great resource to help people navigate our tools and programs.
- Oversee leaves of absence and provide counsel to employees throughout the process.
- Support our annual compensation and quarterly performance review process.
- Facilitate a seamless on-boarding and off-boarding experience for new hires and exits.
- Document, maintain and communicate core People Ops processes to stakeholders, managers, and employees.
- Grow, develop and supervise the People Operations Administrator
You’ll bring this with you...
- A passion for working with people and helping people
- 3-5 years of People experience, preferably in a start-up environment
- Strong knowledge on labor law, performance management, benefits, and compliance & policy management
- Manufacturing experience a strong plus
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal throughout the levels of the organization
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgment
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Able to work independently, but you’re not afraid to ask for help when you need it
- You’re not satisfied with the status-quo and are always looking for ways to make things better for our Temponauts
- Experience managing benefits, open enrollment and qualifying life events.
- Experience managing an HRIS system such as BambooHR, Sapling or ADP is a plus.
- Highly organized, and able to manage multiple, and sometimes conflicting, priorities
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a desire to work in a collaborative environment
- Are excited to work in a startup environment; you have a track record of being adaptable to changing priorities
- A solutions-oriented mindset when faced with challenges and addressing roadblocks
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and biweekly socials so our employees have the opportunity to interact with team members from different parts of the company.