We believe unimaginable breakthroughs for human progress are possible when we can explore ideas by cycling rapidly between conception and realization. Whether we’re settling the frontiers of outer space, mapping genes for longer lives, shifting the world to clean energy or prototyping the electronics that make it all possible, the drive toward innovation is an inherent part of our human nature.
That’s why Tempo is here - to take that drive to entirely new levels. By building a more intelligent and intuitive manufacturing system designed to meet the demands of innovation, we are bringing speed, precision, and transparency where they’ve never been before.
What does Tempo Automation do?
At Tempo Automation, we're modernizing the way electronics are manufactured and we are looking for the most talented, creative, and passionate people to join our team! We are building sophisticated software and a robotic factory for rapid electronics prototyping. We enable engineers to manufacture their designs at the click of a button in as fast as 3 days (instead of weeks to months), allowing them to rapidly test and iterate on their designs.
What you’ll do…
We’re looking for an Inventory Control Supervisor to join our dynamic manufacturing team. In this role, reporting to the Sr. Director of Manufacturing, you will oversee the Shipping and Receiving, Kitting, Setup and Breakdown teams as well as build-out and manage our inventory systems and standard operating procedures.
We’re looking for someone that has…
- 3+ years’ management experience, in EMS or NPI business preferred. Previous work experience in a manufacturing warehouse and/or distribution environment is required.
- Must have the ability to lift, push, pull, or carry objects using arms, back, abdominal muscles, shoulders, legs, or a combination of these muscle groups to a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Knowledge of key performance metrics and how to manage a metrics driven team.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Proven multi-tasking abilities.
Some of the things you’ll work on include:
- Manage the daily activities of your teams (Shipping and Receiving, Kitting, Setup and Breakdown), including scheduling and balancing work assignments and productivity work-rates. Develop work assignments, assess performance and supervise tasks.
- Understand bill-of-materials, sub-assemblies, and materials consumed for parts and kits. Recognize mistakes in BOM and take actions to correct.
- Support your teams as necessary to cover gaps in capacity, including performing kitting, labeling, receiving, shipping, feeder load or breakdown, and other duties as necessary.
- Attend and contribute to the daily production meetings to determine schedules and priorities. Communicate and collaborate with production management and customer service, planning, inventory control, etc. to resolve issues and deliver orders to the production floor as quickly and accurately as possible.
- Attend and contribute to the weekly management meetings to identify opportunities for improvement and failure analysis. Communicate and collaborate with the Quality team to resolve issues and create permanent corrective actions.
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART, and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and biweekly socials so our employees have the opportunity to interact with team members from different parts of the company.