Tempo Automation is the world’s fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond, bring new innovations to the market faster and better than ever before.
We are seeking an experienced and collaborative Facilities Manager to join our Manufacturing team. You will be responsible for ensuring the company meets its factory uptime goals, and coordinating the company’s EHS and Safety programs.
Breakdown of role:
- Typical work day is full time during regular scheduled hours but must be available after hours and on-call when necessary.
- Manage and supervise facilities personnel
- Assist and report on work assignments, equipment status, production schedules, and anticipated delays.
Facility Management and Equipment Maintenance
- Maintain the Preventative Maintenance schedule and ensure all tasks remain up to date.
- Respond to machine-down events and minimize downtime.
- Coordinate planned extended maintenance operations with Production to minimize lost time.
- Maintain adequate spare parts inventory and recommend changes to stocking levels.
- Plan and coordinate installations and refurbishments.
- Check completed work by vendors and contractors.
- Ensure facility infrastructure remains in good working order.
- Ensure all work is done in a safe manner, following all protocols, including Lockout / Tagout.
- Coordinate bids and contracts for third party workers for management approval.
- Maintain asset lists and coordinate other asset related activities.
Environmental Health and Safety
- Support Tempo’s EHS coordinator to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Work with Tempo’s EHS coordinator as necessary to develop and implement programs.
- Communicate and enforce workplace safety policies.
- Conduct and document regular facilities inspections.
- 5+ years of experience working in a manufacturing facility
- Highly skilled in HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing and troubleshooting complex CNC equipment
- Experience working in a team environment
- Strong continuous improvement mindset
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of ISO9001, AS9100, ISO13485
- Lean or Six Sigma training
- Experience in a PCBA manufacturing environment
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART, and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and biweekly socials so our employees have the opportunity to interact with team members from different parts of the company.