Tempo Automation is the world’s fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond, bring new innovations to the market faster and better than ever before.
We are seeking a Quality Engineer to be a champion of our efforts to build a world-class quality program and support our efforts throughout the company. In this role, you will work inter-departmentally to evaluate quality issues, present root cause analyses, and help others to understand Tempo’s approach to quality. This is a visible role that will involve senior management and customer interactions on a daily basis.
- Champion QMS and Compliance for the company.
- Lead the internal audit and implementation to QMS standards for ISO9001, AS9100D, ISO13485.
- Create and maintain quality documentation to meet all company, regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Improve reliability of product development process.
- Monitor and perform trend analysis from quality process data.
- Complete First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR) using internal, external or 3rd party forms (e.g. AS9102).
- Drive closure of supplier quality issues, including PCBs and services.
- Oversee the Corrective Action / Preventative Action (CAPA) process.
- Review customer data for quality clauses and conformity, and respond to customer quality feedback.
- Recommend appropriate hardware/software technology for optimizing the quality and efficiency.
- Establish a collaborative working relationship with all departments.
- Typically work full time during regular scheduled hours, with an understanding that reasonable availability after-hours and on-call hours may be necessary.
- Maintain company quality and ethical standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience and certifications.
- 3+ years of quality engineering experience in the PCBA industry
- Extensive knowledge of IPC-610, IPC-600, IPC-7711/21, ANSI/ESD 20.20, J-STD-001 and J-STD-033 requirements.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, spreadsheet and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical background using SPC and 6-sigma, gauge R&R.
- Firm understanding of all PCBA quality validation processes: Incoming, Material, SPI, QC, AOI, FAI, OBA & FQA
- Proficiency with precision measuring tools - e.g. caliper, go/nogo gauge, etc.
- Familiar with CAD software, schematics and basic office applications.
- Basic electronics: capacitor, resistor, diode, IC, test (continuity, resistance, capacitance, inductance)
- Experience conducting QMS audits including Supplier Quality, Quality Engineering, Continuous Improvement, Configuration Management, etc.
- Experience with PFMEA, MRB, CAPA, Installation (IQ) / Operational (OQ) / Performance (PQ) Qualification, and continuous improvement processes.
- Proficiency in setting up and validating DOE’s, analyzing the results, and drawing conclusions from the data.
- Zero Defect mindset and process development experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Lead auditor certification for ISO-13485, AS9100 and/or TS16949
- Project management experience with leadership responsibilities
- Knowledge of DFM for PCB fabrication and DFA for assembly
- Familiar with CAD software: Altium, Cadence, Eagle, ODB++ and Valor
- Familiar with OSHA requirements.
- ASQ certification as CQE or equivalent
- Proven ability to develop a quality team
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and biweekly socials so our employees have the opportunity to interact with team members from different parts of the company.