Tempo Automation is the world’s fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond, bring new innovations to the market faster and better than ever before.
We are looking to hire an exceptional Project Manager to join our enterprise systems and engineering team to support disrupting the way electronics are manufactured today! This role is crucial in propelling Tempo Automation forward, driving the implementation of critical initiatives, such as the rollout of MES, Quoting, ERP, and other internal systems related projects. This role will provide a lot of value to driving the company on its journey to Factory 4.0. We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter, creative problem solver, that has a proven track record of combining out of the box systems and solutions with best in class business processes.
- Drive the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan to ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within the scope and budget
- Manage work and resource requirements
- Provide project updates consistently to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project disruptions
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or a related field
- 2-3 years of project management and relevant experience
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to keep others organized
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
Nice to Have:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Experience implementing MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems)
- Experience implementing ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning for example FactoryLogix, Epicor, Infor Syteline, etc.)
- Experience implementing other business systems like Salesforce, NetSuite, Web-based system
- Experience working with manufacturing technology or manufacturing data
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART, and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and biweekly socials so our employees have the opportunity to interact with team members from different parts of the company.