Tempo Automation is the world's fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world's leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond to bring new innovations to market faster and better than ever before.
Our Engineers are disrupting the way electronics are manufactured today, and we are looking to hire an exceptional Software Engineer, with a passion for Data. You will be part of an early stage team that is crucial in helping Tempo Automation transform into a data-driven organization by helping bridge the gap between infrastructure and business. You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing data systems by scaling current processes for data collection, building pipelines, and improving data flow. You will also be working closely with the engineering team, product management, and other stakeholders to use data to power factory automation and user-facing applications. This role will provide a tremendous amount of value towards our on-going mission.
- Develop a deep understanding of factory technologies and APIs and use this understanding to design interfaces between these technologies.
- Work with product management and other stakeholders to develop automation layers for factory operations.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews with the engineering team.
- Set up, maintain, and scale data infrastructure; help vet new tools and systems
- Maintain and scale data ingestion engine, supporting an ever-expanding set of data sources and working with various cloud services to help maintain and mature data collection capabilities
- Help build effective data tools, workflows, and best practices
- Apply broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques and approaches across the data warehouse life cycle; design integrated, quality solutions to address business requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer or in a similar role with solid skills across multiple languages, including python
- Played an integral role in the design, development, and deployment of production software
- Experience with AWS cloud services (Lambda, ElasticSearch, and Kinesis a plus)
- Experience with ATA technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
- Experience with Terraform, CloudFormation, or other infrastructure-as-code providers
- Knowledge of distributed systems
Nice to Have:
- Masters in a related field
- Comfort with setting up and using BI tools
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience working with manufacturing technology or manufacturing data
- Portfolio of personal Data Engineering projects
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee's premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday's to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.