Tempo Automation is the world's fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world's leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond to bring new innovations to market faster and better than ever before.
We are looking to hire an exceptional Data Engineer to join our engineering team to support disrupting the way electronics are manufactured today! This role is crucial in propelling Tempo Automation forward, helping to build the infrastructure needed to deliver data for vital projects, and helping to make sense of individual data sources in the service of overall factory optimization. This role will provide a lot of value to the business by keeping data flow consistent and supporting ongoing data science efforts.
- Use your experience with ETL tools to help build and maintain our data pipelines and data warehouse
- Help to set up, maintain, and scale our data analytics infrastructure
- Know your tools, and help vet new tools and systems
- Work hands-on, helping build tools, workflows, and best practices
- Enjoy working and delivering end-to-end projects independently
- Maintain and scale data ingestion engine, supporting an ever expanding set of business data sources and working with various cloud services to help maintain and mature data collection capabilities
- Apply broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques and approaches across the data warehouse life cycle phases to design an integrated, quality solution to address the business requirements
- Support customer and internal facing dashboards and data visualizers that will guide day-to-day operations, planning, and strategic decision-making
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience in SQL, and scripting languages like R and Python
- Experience with AWS cloud services (Lambda, ElasticSearch, and Kinesis a plus)
- Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
- Experience with Terraform, CloudFormation, or other infrastructure-as-code providers
- Knowledge of distributed systems
Nice to Have:
- Masters in a related field
- Comfort setting up and using BI tools
- Experience working with manufacturing technology or manufacturing data
- Portfolio of personal Data Engineering projects
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee's premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday's to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.