Tempo Automation is transforming the way electronic product companies innovate and bring new products to market. Tempo’s breakthrough, software-automated PCBA manufacturing platform delivers unprecedented speed, quality and transparency at the most critical time in a product’s life cycle – prototype through new product introduction – when fast iteration and time to market are imperatives. Customers who count on Tempo Automation for this strategic advantage include the leading innovators in aerospace, medical technology, semiconductor, industrial technology, automotive and other key industries.
Our Engineers are disrupting the way electronics are manufactured today, and we are looking to bring on an exceptional contract Data Engineer/ETL Developer to work on a highly impactful project.
You will be part of an early stage team that is crucial in helping Tempo Automation transform into a data-driven organization by helping bridge the gap between infrastructure and business. You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing data systems by scaling current processes for data collection, building pipelines, and improving data flow. You will also be working closely with the engineering team, product management, and other stakeholders to use data to power factory automation and user-facing applications. This role will provide a tremendous amount of value towards our on-going mission.
- Develop an understanding of factory technologies and APIs and use this understanding to design interfaces between these technologies.
- Work with product management and other stakeholders to develop automation layers for factory operations.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews with the engineering team.
- Set up, maintain, and scale data infrastructure; help vet new tools and systems
- Maintain and scale data ingestion engine, supporting an ever-expanding set of data sources and working with various cloud services to help maintain and mature data collection capabilities
- Help build effective data tools, workflows, and best practices
- Apply broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques and approaches across the data warehouse life cycle; design integrated, quality solutions to address business requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or ETL Developer or in a similar role with exposure to multiple languages including Python
- Experience with AWS cloud services (Lambda, ElasticSearch, and Kinesis a plus)
- Experience with ATA technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
- Experience with Terraform, CloudFormation, or other infrastructure-as-code providers
- Knowledge of distributed systems
Nice to Have:
- Comfort with setting up and using BI tools
- Experience working with manufacturing technology or manufacturing data
- Portfolio of personal Data Engineering projects
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and discuss the broader vision.