Tempo Automation is the world’s fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond, bring new innovations to the market faster and better than ever before.
We are seeking a knowledgeable and collaborative junior-level Process Engineer to join our Factory Systems team. You will be responsible for monitoring, improving and updating our current manufacturing processes while assisting in validations, training, equipment repairs, audits, and much more!
- Monitor defect spikes and trends, performs root-cause analysis and collaborates with others to implement corrective actions aimed at reducing scrap and improving first-pass yield.
- Assist with SMT process development and SOPs, scrap and defect reduction and equipment implementation.
- Develop process and procedures to provide training to technicians on how to properly operate and maintain the equipment
- Provide support to PCB assembly lines by using process and equipment knowledge and by assisting technicians and operators with hands-on troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot process defects to meet the customers’ quality requirements
- Review customer data and create detailed product-specific assembly instructions
- Assess, measure, analyze and optimize process performance
- Analyze, evaluate and coordinate the purchase of specialized tooling, materials or components to ensure they meet specifications, regulatory requirements and quality standards.
- Assist and report on work assignments, equipment status, production schedules, and anticipated delays
- Analyze and validate new equipment and generate reports with recommendations
- Perform or coordinate necessary machine calibrations
- Responsible for responding to and appropriately handling production line maintenance and mechanical emergencies
- Time is spent on the manufacturing floor with some administrative and general office duties
- Typically works full time during regular scheduled hours but will need to be reasonably available after hours and on-call when necessary.
- 5+ years PCBA experience in SMT and/or PTH technologies
- Experience working in a team environment
- Knowledge of re-flow profile creation and troubleshooting
- Proven track record in handling engineering processes as a whole
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and biweekly socials so our employees have the opportunity to interact with team members from different parts of the company.