Tempo Automation is the world’s fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond to bring new innovations to market faster and better than ever before.
Tempo Automation is looking to hire an energetic and forward-looking Senior Accountant to join us in building a strong accounting team to support disrupting the way electronics are manufactured today! This role is crucial in propelling Tempo Automation forward through overseeing accounting operations, developing new accounting processes, refining current policies and procedures, maintaining accurate books and records, predicting future resource needs and much more. We're seeking a hands-on Senior Accountant that isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves, by entering journal entries initially, but with this responsibility decreasing over time as we add new systems and your team grows.
- Manage and coordinate our monthly close process. This includes recording and reviewing journal entries, analyzing and reconciling accounts, and explaining fluctuations
- Generate and review financial statements including both indirect and direct statement of cash flows in accordance with GAAP
- Analyze and review revenue recognition for custom orders before billing and ensure sales commissions expense is appropriately matched to revenue recognition
- Prepare detailed COGS, overhead, and WIP reconciliation and cost proof to validate expense recognition for month-end financial review
- Oversee and lead the treasury, AP, AR, fixed assets and technical accounting processes by implementing best practices and improving controls to comply with GAAP and Tempo policies
- Partner with the People Ops Manager to ensure accuracy in payroll output from ADP
- Act as functional owner for system implementations and improvements to align processes with Tempo OKRs, policies, procedures, laws, and regulations
- Assist with special projects from the CFO, VP of Finance, and Director of Accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of experience in accounting under GAAP
- Proven experience managing people, close processes, and operations
- Experience implementing and using leading systems: NetSuite, Bills.com, Expensify, Salesforce, ADP, WFN, Carta
- Proven ability to work independently and potential to move into a management role
- Track record of success working on an accounting team
- Excellent written and verbal communication including discretion and confidentiality
Nice to Have:
- CPA, Masters in Accounting, external audit experience
- Experience with equity accounting for start-ups
- Ability to assess “the big picture” and prioritize accordingly
- Previous experience in a manufacturing setting
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and biweekly socials so our employees have the opportunity to interact with team members from different parts of the company.