Tempo Automation is the world’s fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond to bring new innovations to the market faster and better than ever before.
What you’ll do…
We’re looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join our Supply Chain team. You will be the face of our relationship with our most valued suppliers, manage quality defect disposition, lead continuous improvement initiatives at our supplier’s factories, and provide key insights into supplier performance.
We’re looking for someone that has…
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Equivalent work experience and certifications will be considered.
- 3+ years’ quality or process engineering experience in the PCBA or PCBF industry
- Firm understanding of all PCBA quality validation processes:
- Incoming, Material, SPI, QC, AOI, FAI, OBA & FQA
- Traceability processes and procedures.
- Experience conducting QMS audits including Supplier Quality, Quality Engineering, Continuous Improvement, Configuration Management, etc.
- Experience with PFMEA, MRB, CAPA, Installation (IQ) / Operational (OQ) / Performance (PQ) Qualification, and continuous improvement processes.
- Full audit lifecycle from audit planning, to closing meetings, and creating audit reports and metrics. Within the audit process, you will be responsible for identifying opportunities for process improvements in conjunction with the stakeholders within the functional group. You will drive audit findings to closure and conducting follow up activities to validate that root cause, corrective & preventive actions are effective in preventing recurrence of issues.
- Experience creating recommendation sets, presenting to groups, and defending conclusions
- Proficiency with precision measuring tools - e.g. caliper, go/nogo gauge, etc.
- Adaptive to learn new hardware/software technology.
- Impeccable communication, presentation, spreadsheet and organizational skills.
- Familiar with CAD software, schematics and basic office applications.
- Zero Defect process development experience
- Strong analytical background using SPC and 6-sigma, gauge R&R
- Proficiency in setting up and validating DOE’s, analyzing the results, and drawing conclusions from the data.
- Basic electronics: capacitor, resistor, diode, IC, test (continuity, resistance, capacitance, inductance).
- Extensive knowledge of IPC-610, IPC-600, IPC-6012 and 6012DS, IPC-6013,IPC-TM 650 IPC-7711/21, ANSI/ESD 20.20, J-STD-001 and J-STD-033 requirements. Familiarity with Mil-Aero and Space applications highly preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication.
- Proven multi-tasking abilities.
Some of the things you’ll work on include...
- Analyzing supplier performance and present supplier scorecard to management.
- Participating in quarterly business reviews with suppliers and assist in continuous improvement initiatives
- Coordinating closing open issues such as SCAR’s, Supplier Actions, Supplier Surveys, etc.
- Representing Supply Chain in the company MRB process
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with suppliers
- Coordinating with cross-functional teams, including DFx, Manufacturing, Quality, Operations, Finance, and Sales
- Maintaining company quality and ethics standards
- QMS Representative and Compliance champion for the company
- Overseeing the Corrective Action / Preventative Action (CAPA) process with suppliers
- Monitoring and performing trend analysis from quality process data
- Reviewing customer data for quality clauses and conformity
- Completing First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR) using internal, external, or 3rd party forms (e.g. AS9102)
- Reviewing supplier provided quality documentation for completeness and accuracy
- Recommending appropriate hardware/software technology for optimizing quality and efficiency
- Typically work full time during regular scheduled hours but will need to be reasonably available after hours and on-call when necessary
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and biweekly socials so our employees have the opportunity to interact with team members from different parts of the company.