Tempo Automation is the world’s fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond to bring innovations to market faster and better than ever before.
We are seeking a Senior Accounting Manager / Assistant Controller who will have an impact on the way the finance team is built. You are a technical accounting expert but also operationally savvy to ensure optimal and efficient accounting operations.
- Lead preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Bring in-house all the accounting processes currently outsourced
- Hire top accounting talent to build the in-house accounting team
- Serve as the primary point of contact and liaison for audit requests
- Support the due diligence process of our next financing round
- Be the subject matter expert representing Finance for our ERP implementation project
- Design and implement best in class systems, processes, and controls to support tax and accounting compliance
- Develop effective and efficient month-end close process
- Exhibit expert decision making on policy and procedures. Develop, document, implement and monitor operational accounting policies and procedures
- Continuously strive for operational excellence - never settling for status quo. Ruthless prioritization to ensure operational effectiveness while maintaining agility
- Perform financial statement analysis and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations to assist management with business decisions
- Develop and implement process improvements, document business finance procedures, and processes to achieve efficiencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA/CMA or equivalent
- Extensive experience/proven track record (10+ years) in accounting controls and financial processes within a fast-growing organization
- 5+ years of relevant leadership work experience in public accounting and/or a high tech organization
- Excellent leadership skills with collaborative working style and ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to self-manage and execute in an unstructured environment
- Superb written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence and drive sound business decisions
- Proven track record of increased responsibilities and scope
- Solid knowledge of accounting policies/procedures and financial statements.
- Strong program management and organization skills with an ability to plan and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to independently resolve complex problems where analysis requires the in-depth evaluation of numerous factors
- Experience with large scale ERPs is preferred
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and biweekly socials so our employees have the opportunity to interact with team members from different parts of the company.