Tempo Automation is the world’s fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond to bring new innovations to the market faster and better than ever before.
We’re looking for a Quality Supervisor to provide oversight to our PM shift (2:30 pm - 10:30 pm) production floor and manufacturing team.
As a Quality Supervisor, you will:
- Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in inspecting and assembled boards, components, and parts, and subassemblies proceed through stages of assembly process, applying knowledge of quality assurance standards and procedures: Review quality assurance instructions, assembly specifications, and production schedules to determine method of conducting inspections, sequence of operations, and work assignments.
- Direct workers in quality assurance inspection, to assure that establishment and regulatory standards are met.
- Assign training of new workers to qualified inspectors
- Review reports and confer with quality assurance, production, management, and engineering personnel to solve work-related problems.
- Perform other duties as described by the Quality Manager
- Ensure the customer is pleased with the finished product. When quality issues arise, it is the Quality Supervisor’s responsibility to communicate clearly with project coordinator.
- Devise procedures to inspect and report quality issues
- Monitor all operations that affect quality
- Supervise and guide inspectors staff
- Assure the reliability and consistency of production by supporting SMT and first article inspection and final inspection.
- Appraise customers’ requirements and make sure they are satisfied
- Report all malfunctions to quality manager to ensure immediate action
- Review current standards and policies
- Keep records of quality reports, statistical reviews and relevant documentation
- Ensure all legal standards are met
- Supervise AOI and QA team and provide support
- Proven experience as a quality assurance manager or relevant role
- Excellent knowledge of PCB and PCBA inspection
- IPC-610 certified and knowledge of IPC-600 and IPC-6012
- Outstanding communication skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Great attention to detail and a results driven approach
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- strong advantage and understanding ISO-9001 and AS9100
- Flexible - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient SOMA location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and biweekly socials so our employees have the opportunity to interact with team members from different parts of the company.