Tempo Automation is seeking a Process Engineering Manager to lead the development of engineering processes with emphasis on fostering quality excellence and building a world-class process and engineering team.
You will collaborate with the Manufacturing, Quality, and DFM teams to assist in meeting company goals. This is a highly visible role that will involve senior management and customer interaction on a daily basis.
- Ensure all manufacturing processes are well defined and meet customer and company expectations.
- Work closely with Quality teams to ensure all QMS requirements are being met.
- Assist with the setup and operation of manufacturing equipment to ensure safety, high quality, and on-time delivery.
- Analyze manufacturing data and lead process improvements to accomplish industry-leading yield.
- Work closely with Production and Planning teams to ensure high equipment and staff utilization.
- Support Manufacturing, Sales, Software, and Operations with technical questions and issue resolution.
- Assist with the review and purchase of specialized tooling and material.
- Recommend appropriate hardware/software technology for optimizing quality and efficiency.
- Assist with the qualification of new equipment and processes: IQ/OQ/PQ
- Conduct process/layout flow review to establish standard workflow rates and provide recommendations to improve efficiency.
- Promote best-in-industry practices and establish a collaborative working relationship with other departments.
- Responsible for responding to and appropriately handling all maintenance and mechanical emergencies as needed.
- Typically works full time during regularly scheduled hours but will need to be reasonably available after hours and on-call when necessary.
- Interview, hire, and train process engineers and technicians. Responsible for planning, assigning, and directing process work.
- Evaluate performance and manage employee growth.
- 5+ years of department leadership experience.
- 5+ years of electronics manufacturing experience.
- 5+ years facility and relevant work experience on the latest PCBA industry technology for SMT, PTH, press-fit, trace-ability, and testing.
- Hands-on experience using Kic, ECD or similar reflow profiling tools
- Experience in PCBA testing: hipot, functional and flying probe.
- Current certification for IPC-610, ANSI/ESD 20.20, J-STD-001+Space Addendum
- Knowledge of IPC-610, IPC-600, IPC-7711/21, ANSI/ESD 20.20, J-STD-001 and J-STD-033.
- Proficiency with precision measuring tools - e.g. caliper, go/nogo gauge, etc.
- Understands documentation requirements for ISO-9001, ISO-13485, AS9100.
- Experience with corrective action, 5S, and continuous improvement disciplines.
- Experience using problem-solving tools such as 8D, 5-Whys, CEDAC, and DMAIC.
- Basic electronics experience: capacitor, resistor, diode, IC, test (continuity, resistance, capacitance, inductance).
- The ability to create and troubleshoot paste process and reflow profiles.
- The ability to read a circuit schematic and basic X-ray operations.
- Familiarity with CAD software: Altium, Cadence, Eagle, ODB++ and Valor.
- Familiarity with CAD software, schematics and basic office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PDF).
- Familiarity with OSHA requirements.
- Experience defining and designing metrics to meet departmental and company goals.
- Proven track record of nurturing a team into a quality-driven, effective machine.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, equivalent work experience, and certifications will be considered.
- Competitive Pay
- Generous Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and biweekly socials so our employees have the opportunity to interact with team members from different parts of the company.
About Tempo Automation:
Tempo Automation is the world’s fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond to bring new innovations to market faster and better than ever before.
We are a group of creative people passionate about building tools to make hardware development move at the speed of software. We come to work every day inspired by the customers we serve - companies building satellites, rockets, self-driving cars, medical devices, and much more.