About Tempo Automation:
Tempo Automation is the world’s fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond to bring new innovations to market faster and better than ever before.
About the role:
Tempo is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join its growing Accounting team. We're looking for an individual who is excited by the opportunity to improve the accounting close process and help take our accounting function to the next level. The areas of responsibilities for this role include general corporate accounting responsibilities (i.e. owning balance sheet reconciliations and accruals), in addition to enhancing day-to-day and accounting close processes, payroll and employee stock compensation administration. If you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and are detail-oriented with a passion for Excel and numbers, then read on. You will be instrumental in the development, implementation and maintenance of company policies and will continually drive improvements in process and automation t as Tempo scales for rapid growth. You are a team player with a positive "can do" attitude, showing a willingness to learn new concepts in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Manage, monitor, and review the month-end close cycle, and generate financial statements in accordance with GAAP and corporate accounting policies.
- Prepare detailed account analysis, balance sheet reconciliations for General Ledger accounts, COGS reconciliation and cost proof for month-end financial review.
- Analyze and validate the cost of goods sold (and deferred cost of goods sold) as part of the month-end close
- Perform standard cost review on a quarterly basis and work with Operations to review changes and impacts on overheads and other components of cost
- Participate in the month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial closing process, preparing journal entries, balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements, trend and account analysis for internal distribution.
- Assist in administering current controls and processes, and make recommendations for process improvement projects and ensure compliance with all internal processes
- Prepare Balance Sheet and P&L fluctuation analyses
- Preparing and processing multi-state, semi-monthly (or bi-weekly) payroll within HR/Payroll systems
- Analyze and audit internal controls and reconciliations to ensure accuracy in payroll output.
- Partner with People Ops Manager to implement system improvements according to organization goals, policies and procedures, and new laws and regulations
- Provide assistance with the maintenance and upgrades of the Payroll, ADP Portal and Time & Attendance Systems
- Assist in the reconciliation of the month-end close and quarterly, annual and year-end tax reports
- Ensuring all payroll tax reporting is completed including processing of end-of-year tax forms (ie: w2s, w2C)
- Maintaining and reconciling the Cap Table as part of the monthly close process
- Processing and record keeping of option grants, option exercises, cancellations/terminations, transfer agreements, etc.
- Maintaining Carta system updates (i.e. employee and shareholder data, such as address changes)
- Ensuring all stock comp income and/or tax reporting is completed including processing of end-of-year tax forms (ie: IRS Form 3921 - ISO exercises, NSO income/taxes on w2s, consultant NSO income on IRS Form 1099-MISC)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experience, CPA or CMA is a plus.
- 6-8 years' experience in corporate accounting, payroll and stock administration
- Stock admin experience and/or knowledge is a must
- Hands-on experience using payroll or stock admin system desired (ADP, WFN, and Carta)
- Ability to be self-motivated and work independently and/or as part of a team
- Outstanding attention-to-detail, accuracy, and organization
- Be a critical thinker and have strong prioritization skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to support multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to show discretion with confidential information
- Unlimited Vacation – We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Exceptional Benefits Package – We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave- We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly Lunches and Office Snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stacked snack pantry and weekly, free company-wide lunch to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Commuter Benefits Package – However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees a range of commuter benefits to compensate for their time on the road.
- Transparent and Social Culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and biweekly socials.