Tempo Automation is the world’s fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond to bring new innovations to market faster and better than ever before.
We are seeking a Director, Technical Program Management that will help us grow the Technical Program Management (TPM) team. TPMs are responsible for driving the overarching program-level manufacturing strategy and executing the day-to-day project management of electronic subsystem Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBA) in both NPI rapid-prototyping and Production settings. More specifically, TPMs work closely with Tempo’s key Enterprise customers who have come to Tempo specifically for our ability to produce products with highly complex technical and quality requirements, at a speed that has been difficult to achieve for most other traditional contract manufacturers.
This is a high-profile role, in which you will be leading the team responsible for project managing a significant portion of the total business. You will be supporting industry-leading customers in their race to bring to market bleeding-edge product innovations in Aerospace (Launch, Payloads), Medical Devices (Robotic Surgical Equipment), Industrial Controls (Precision Equipment), and New Semiconductor applications, and more.
- Lead and manage the TPM team in both the day-to-day operations and at strategic level
- Drive the operational discipline across cross-functional efforts on key customer programs
- Drive the development of framework for hiring, training, and coaching a team of TPMs, by working closely with the Sales/Go-to-Market, Production, and Planning Leadership
- Grow the TPM team to support more Enterprise customers, by working closely with the Talent/People Ops and Sales Leadership
- Identify and drive the development of new, and enhancements to existing, software-driven processes that allow more effective use of our Process Engineering, Production, Supply Chain, and Quality resources on high-complexity builds
- Develop and drive key performance benchmarks for the TPM team
- Advise on strategic cross-functional initiatives involving continuously improvement on the company processes and software automation to deliver on speed, quality, and leadtime on key Programs with high revenue impact
- Strong working knowledge of engineering design product life cycle
- Demonstrated experience of fixing broken processes
- Demonstrated experience of leading implementation of new processes
- Must have managed team of program or project managers across multiple programs, and have managed performance of the team
- Domain knowledge in program management for hardware product manufacturing
- Must have managed multiple complex electro-mechanical hardware systems projects
- Must have experience with project management tools, such as MS Project, Smartsheet
- Must have experience with NPD, NPI, pilot, and low volume production
- BOM (Bill of Materials) cost estimation and cost optimization experience a plus
- BS/MS (ME, EE) with 10+ years of related experience to include 8+ years of direct, hands-on experience in the electronics or electro-mechanical industry
- Team player, strong written & oral communication skills, ability to work well with distributed teams
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and biweekly socials so our employees have the opportunity to interact with team members from different parts of the company.