We believe unimaginable breakthroughs for human progress are possible when we can explore ideas by cycling rapidly between conception and realization.
Whether we’re settling the frontiers of outer space, mapping genes for longer lives, shifting the world to clean energy, or prototyping the electronics that make it all possible, the drive toward innovation is an inherent part of our human nature.
That’s why Tempo is here - to take that drive to entirely new levels. By building a more intelligent and intuitive manufacturing system designed to meet the demands of innovation, we’re bringing speed, precision, and transparency where they’ve never been before.
What does Tempo Automation do?
At Tempo Automation, we're modernizing the way electronics are manufactured and we are looking for the most talented, creative and passionate people to join our team! We are building sophisticated software and a robotic factory for rapid electronics prototyping. We enable engineers to manufacture their designs at the click of a button in as fast as 3 days (instead of weeks to months), allowing them to rapidly test and iterate on their designs.
What you’ll do…
We’re looking for a Supply Chain Coordinator to join our Supply Chain team. The Supply Chain Coordinator will be the face of our relationship with our most valued suppliers, manage daily quoting and procurement of manufacturing inputs, and provide key insights into supplier performance.
We’re looking for someone that has…
- B.S. or at least 1 year of experience in an operations, manufacturing, administrative or B2B function.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication.
- Proven multi-tasking abilities.
- Experience working on a project and seeing it through to completion from beginning to end.
- Previous experience in a procurement or supply chain role is a strong plus but not required.
Some of the things you’ll work on include:
- Sourcing goods and services required for timely order fulfillment.
- Spec and issue RFQs and SOWs for all materials.
- Evaluate and select suppliers for specific quotes and orders.
- Review supplier quotes for adherence to specifications and terms.
- Set up terms of payment for new suppliers.
- Negotiate pricing on an order-by-order basis.
- Issue POs and reconcile invoices.
- Ensure materials are shipped and delivered in a timely manner.
- Strategically source and present potential new suppliers, including performing due diligence, analyzing technical capabilities, performing FMEAs, and setting up MSAs for management approval.
- Develop should-cost models for various commodities.
- Analyze supplier performance and present supplier scorecard to management.
- Participate in quarterly business reviews with suppliers and assist in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Coordinate closing open issues such as SCAR’s, Supplier Actions, Supplier Surveys, etc.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with suppliers.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams, including DFx, Manufacturing, Quality, Operations, Finance, and Sales.
- Analyze market and delivery trends to develop procurement technologies and processes that support those trends and best business practices.
- Unlimited Vacation – We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Exceptional Benefits Package – We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave – We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly Lunches and Office Snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stacked snack pantry and weekly, free company-wide lunch to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Commuter Benefits Package – However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees a range of commuter benefits to compensate for their time on the road.
- Transparent and Social Culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and biweekly socials.
Come help us accelerate the progress of companies developing next-gen rockets, helpful drones, state of the art medical devices, and much more. We look forward to hearing from you!