What if electronics manufacturing moved as fast as software development? At Tempo Automation, we're modernizing the way electronics are manufactured and we are looking for the most talented, creative and passionate people to join our team!
What does Tempo Automation do?
We’re building a state-of-the-art software system that works in conjunction with an automated factory to allow our customers to go from a CAD design to a fully functioning circuit board in just 3 days.
About the Role:
Tempo Automation is looking for a Planner to join our Operations team.
In this role, you’ll be using your operations and project management background to define a process to manage (a) the delivery of orders to the production floor (documentation, scheduling, inspection requirements, etc.), (b) ensuring receipt and delivery of purchased parts to the production floor in a timely basis, (c) communicating changes or delays which may affect delivery schedules (internally, to Production Management, or externally to Sales and/or Customer Service), and (d) analyzing and deploying change requests from customers. You’ll use your technical knowledge to address any concerns or questions our production team has regarding orders so they can fulfill the work to our standards, acting as a lead technical project manager to address any complex in-process questions production may raise, provide production status visibility to our customer service team, and mitigate major order level risks that pose a threat to meeting our deliverables.
You will also participate in developing the methodology for new processes, acting as the liaison between Sales, Process Engineering and Production Management to define the requirements, lead times, and schedule.
- Order Review: systematically review each order to define the process steps and ensure we can meet the requirements within the stated lead time. Update our production tools to reflect the necessary processes and inspection criteria. Promptly communicate any changes to the delivery schedule.
- Requirements Review - Analyze orders with respect to material requirements that may not have been considered during the pre-processing stages. Communicate with entities inside Tempo and ensure deliverables arrive on-time.
- Project Management – Mitigate risks and coordinate with stakeholders (internally and externally) in order to ensure the on-time delivery to customer requirements.
- Planning - help define, plan and manage daily production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company’s productive capacity.
- Production Issue Resolution – Answer technical questions that production may have around how best to meet customer requirements.
- Continuous Improvement – Identify areas of improvement and driving those improvements to the responsibilities listed above.
You Must Have:
- You are results-oriented
- You are meticulous, detail-oriented, and have an inclination for documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, manages time efficiently, able to complete work in a timely manner without active supervision.
- 2+ years of operations, planning and/or project management experience
Nice to have:
- Technical aptitude for complex concepts
- Previous startup or small company experience
- Previous experience with manufacturing and/or hardware
- Unlimited Vacation – We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Exceptional Benefits Package – We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave- We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly Lunches and Office Snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stacked snack pantry and weekly, free company-wide lunch to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Commuter Benefits Package – However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees a range of commuter benefits to compensate for their time on the road.
- Transparent and Social Culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and biweekly socials.