Tempo Automation is the world’s fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond to bring new innovations to market faster and better than ever before.
Tempo Automation is seeking a Test Engineer who can lead our test department into this revolution. In this role, you will be cooperating with all departments to build a culture of quality, transparency, continuous improvement and accountability. This is a highly visible role that will involve senior management and customer interactions on a daily basis.
- Learn new products and support setup and launch of test and repair operations
- Oversee the installation, validation and development of new test equipment and processes
- Implement and verify relevant software upgrades
- Train, mentor, and support test and repair technicians
- Troubleshoot tester hardware and software issues by working with customer support to resolve
- Analyze and improve test yields and implement best practices for test and repair processes
- Analyze failure data, summarize, and present analysis to stakeholders
- Maintain backups of test programs and test data
- Review, implement, and track Engineering Change Orders (ECO) that impact testing
- Manage equipment by working with the facilities team and vendors to perform periodic calibrations and preventive maintenance.
- Support testing process (time studies, data collection/analysis, special customer requests, etc) for quotes, trials, and process improvements
- Identify and recommend software solutions, cost reductions and quality improvements in repair operations
- Works closely with the Quality team to complete any FAIR or relevant CAPA’s
- Recommend appropriate hardware/software technology for optimizing the quality and efficiency.
- Typically works full time during regular scheduled hours but will need to be reasonably available after hours and on-call when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics or related field
- Equivalent work experience and certifications will be considered.
- 3+ years experience in manufacturing test operations, supporting software & hardware
- Firm understanding of Firmware, Functional, In-Circuit-Test (ICT) and Flying Probe testing
- Proficiency with basic testing tools - Oscilloscope, DMM, Power Supply, Function Generator, schematic, etc
- Adaptive to learn new hardware/software technology.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Familiar with CAD software, schematics and basic office applications.
- Understand x-ray process and can perform an analysis as required to support test.
- Troubleshooting to the component level
Nice to Have:
- Hands on RF experience, networking, HiPot and spectrum analyzers
- Test software programming
- Flying Probe program generation and debugging using SPEA
- ICT setup and debug with Keyence i3070 (Agilent) 4-module system
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office applications
- Advanced skills in MS Excel is a plus, including creating formulas, macros, and charting
- Working knowledge of 5S Lean Six Sigma practices
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Knowledge of NASA, MIL SPEC, IPC-610, IPC-600, IPC-7711/21, ANSI/ESD 20.20, J-STD-001, IPC-6012 and J-STD-033 requirements
- FDA: cGMP requirements with DHR tracking experience
- AS9100 compliance experience
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Generous Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient SOMA location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and biweekly socials so our employees have the opportunity to interact with team members from different parts of the company