Join a growing team using software to revolutionize the world of electronics manufacturing. Test is the quality validation for a great manufacturing company. Tempo Automation is looking for the right Test Engineer who can lead our test department into this revolution.
We disrupt the traditional model and customer experience of an EMS provider by building sophisticated software and utilizing state of the art hardware to develop processes for rapid electronics manufacturing. We enable engineers to go from CAD design to assembled circuit boards at the click of a button in just 3 days, allowing them to rapidly test and iterate their designs. Meanwhile our self-service interface eliminates wasted time on emails and phone calls, reduces human error, and gives unparalleled transparency into our manufacturing process and how to optimize PCB design for cost and speed.
We are a group of creative people passionate about building tools to make hardware development move at the speed of software. We come to work every day inspired by the customers we serve - companies building satellites, rockets, self-driving cars, medical devices, and much more.
The Test Engineer will be cooperating with all departments to build a culture of quality, transparency, continuous improvement and accountability. This is a highly visible role that will involve senior management and customer interactions on a daily basis.
- Learn new products and support setup and launch of test and repair operations
- Oversee the installation, validation and development of new test equipment and processes
- Implement and verify relevant software upgrades
- Train, mentor, and support test and repair technicians
- Troubleshoot tester hardware and software issues by working with customer support to resolve
- Analyze and improve test yields and implement best practices for test and repair processes
- Analyze failure data, summarize, and present analysis to stakeholders
- Maintain backups of test programs and test data
- Review, implement, and track Engineering Change Orders (ECO) that impact testing
- Manage equipment by working with the facilities team and vendors to perform periodic calibrations and preventive maintenance.
- Support testing process (time studies, data collection/analysis, special customer requests, etc) for quotes, trials, and process improvements
- Identify and recommend software solutions, cost reductions and quality improvements in repair operations
- Works closely with the Quality team to complete any FAIR or relevant CAPA’s
- Recommend appropriate hardware/software technology for optimizing the quality and efficiency.
- Typically works full time during regular scheduled hours but will need to be reasonably available after hours and on-call when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics or related field
- Equivalent work experience and certifications will be considered.
- 3+ years experience in manufacturing test operations,supporting software & hardware
- Firm understanding of Firmware, Functional, In-Circuit-Test (ICT) and Flying Probe testing
- Proficiency with basic testing tools - Oscilloscope, DMM, Power Supply, Function Generator, schematic, etc
- Adaptive to learn new hardware/software technology.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Familiar with CAD software, schematics and basic office applications.
- Understand x-ray process and can perform an analysis as required to support test.
- Troubleshooting to the component level
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Hands on RF experience, networking, HiPot and spectrum analyzers
- Test software programming
- Flying Probe program generation and debugging using SPEA
- ICT setup and debug with Keyence i3070 (Agilent) 4-module system
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office applications
- Advanced skills in MS Excel is a plus, including creating formulas, macros, and charting
- Working knowledge of 5S Lean Six Sigma practices
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Knowledge of NASA, MIL SPEC, IPC-610, IPC-600, IPC-7711/21, ANSI/ESD 20.20, J-STD-001, IPC-6012 and J-STD-033 requirements
- FDA: cGMP requirements with DHR tracking experience
- AS9100 compliance experience
- Exceptional benefits package – We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible stock options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly lunches and office snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stacked snack drawer and free company-wide lunches to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco office location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Commuter Benefits package- However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees a range of commuter benefits to compensate for their time on the road.
- Transparent and social culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and biweekly socials.