About Tempo Automation:
Tempo Automation is the world’s fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond to bring new innovations to market faster and better than ever before.
About the role:
As a product manager, you’ll be responsible for how Tempo sets lead times and prices. In the PCB manufacturing industry, our customers often request multiple quotes for a project, so we need to balance their willingness to pay with offering a competitive price. In this role, you’ll own the data, algorithms, and strategies around how we make each bid.
Using your quantitative and investigative skills, you’ll turn numbers into actionable insights to inform our prices and achieve our margin and revenue goals.
- Analyzing how different customer cohorts react to prices
- Developing strategies to balance our revenue goals and margin targets through pricing
- Understanding how customers react to prices for the three main components of building circuit boards: the bare board, parts, and assembly
- Investigating lost sales and determining if and how we should change our algorithms
We’re looking for someone that has…
- 2+ years experience in pricing, strategy, or analysis with a degree in a quantitative discipline like economics, mathematics, or statistics.
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience in data collection, model building, testing, and validation
- SQL skills and experience with analysis tools such as Tableau
- Proven ability to work independently to achieve goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Unlimited Vacation – We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Exceptional Benefits Package – We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave- We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly Lunches and Office Snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stacked snack pantry and weekly, free company-wide lunch to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Commuter Benefits Package – However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees a range of commuter benefits to compensate for their time on the road.
- Transparent and Social Culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and biweekly socials.