About Tempo Automation:
Tempo Automation is the world’s fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond to bring new innovations to market faster and better than ever before.
About the role:
As a pricing analyst, you’ll be responsible for how Tempo sets lead times and prices. In the PCB manufacturing industry, our customers often request multiple quotes for a project, so we need to balance their willingness to pay with offering a competitive price. In this role, you’ll own the data, algorithms, and strategies around how we make each bid.
Using your quantitative and investigative skills, you’ll turn numbers into actionable insights to inform our prices and achieve our margin and revenue goals.
Some of the things you’ll work on include:
- Analyzing how different customer cohorts react to prices
- Developing strategies to balance our revenue goals and margin targets through pricing
- Understanding how customers react to prices for the three main components of building circuit boards: the bare board, parts, and assembly
- Investigating lost sales and determining if and how we should change our algorithms
We’re looking for someone that has…
- 2+ years experience in pricing, strategy, or analysis with a degree in a quantitative discipline like economics, mathematics, or statistics.
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience in data collection, model building, testing, and validation
- SQL skills and experience with analysis tools such as Tableau
- Proven ability to work independently to achieve goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment with minimal supervision