We believe unimaginable breakthroughs for human progress are possible when we can explore ideas by cycling rapidly between conception and realization.
Whether we’re settling the frontiers of outer space, mapping genes for longer lives, shifting the world to clean energy, or prototyping the electronics that make it all possible, the drive toward innovation is an inherent part of our human nature.
That’s why Tempo is here - to take that drive to entirely new levels. By building a more intelligent and intuitive manufacturing system designed to meet the demands of innovation, we’re bringing speed, precision, and transparency where they’ve never been before.
What does Tempo Automation do?
Tempo Automation is the world’s fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond to bring new innovations to market faster and better than ever before.
What you’ll do...
We’re looking for a Director, Events & Field Marketing who will report directly to the VP, Marketing. They will work closely with the other members of the marketing team, as well as with the sales team, to spearhead field marketing initiatives, including trade shows and on-the-ground campaigns. They will play a major role in executing and measuring results of various marketing campaigns.
Some of the things you’ll work on include:
- Define field marketing plans specific to our target markets that support company strategy, as well as revenue objectives
- Manage all aspects of event coordination including: strategy, objectives materials creation, event messaging/marketing, signage, giveaways, contract negotiation, vendor relations, site selection, registration, agenda scheduling, staffing, on-site production and F&B, & logistics
- Manage account-based marketing activities, in partnership with sales, including identifying target accounts, developing strategy, executing campaigns with the support of cross-functional teams.
- Plan and host online and offline events to create net-new sales opportunities, accelerate existing sales opportunities and deepen our existing customer relationships
- Work in partnership with the demand generation, marcom, and product marketing team, as well as the sales team, to build and drive field marketing activities that impact Tempo's growth
- Strategize, build and execute integrated field campaigns that may include trade shows, seminars, and events, engaging the demand gen team for support with email marketing, targeted advertising, direct mail marketing, and other channels as you see fit
- Collaborate with peers to develop field marketing playbook, identify opportunities, and share best practices
- Achieve benchmarked ROI metrics by working with the sales and demand generation teams, managing and analyzing campaign data in Salesforce and Pardot
- Complete quarterly budget reviews and ROI analysis; pivot strategy to align with findings
- Think creatively about the customer and prospect experience at in-person events, and build experiences that are above expectations for attendees
We’re looking for someone that has…
- Bachelor’s in marketing or related discipline
- 5+ years of related marketing experience, ideally in field marketing or sales enablement
- Proven experience carrying out marketing efforts, including planning, prioritizing, and implementing strategy
- Experience partnering with an enterprise sales team
- Strong written and oral communication
- Highly organized and proficient at managing multiple projects at the same time
- You are entrepreneurial and work well in a rapidly changing environment
- You are metric driven and have the ability to draw insight from complex marketing data
- Confident with a dynamic personality
- Exceptional benefits package – We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible stock options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly lunches and office snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stacked snack drawer and free company-wide lunches to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco office location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Commuter Benefits package- However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees a range of commuter benefits to compensate for their time on the road.
- Transparent and social culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and biweekly socials.
Come help us accelerate the progress of companies developing rockets, drones, medical devices, and much more. We look forward to hearing from you!