We believe unimaginable breakthroughs for human progress are possible when we can explore ideas by cycling rapidly between conception and realization.
Whether we’re settling the frontiers of outer space, mapping genes for longer lives, shifting the world to clean energy, or prototyping the electronics that make it all possible, the drive toward innovation is an inherent part of our human nature.
That’s why Tempo is here - to take that drive to entirely new levels. By building a more intelligent and intuitive manufacturing system designed to meet the demands of innovation, we’re bringing speed, precision, and transparency where they’ve never been before.
What does Tempo Automation do?
At Tempo Automation, we're modernizing the way electronics are manufactured and we are looking for the most talented, creative and passionate people to join our team! We are building sophisticated software and a robotic factory for rapid electronics prototyping. We enable engineers to manufacture their designs at the click of a button in as fast as 3 days (instead of weeks to months), allowing them to rapidly test and iterate on their designs.
What you’ll do...
We’re looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our engineering team. Our team is small, which means every team member is given a lot of responsibility and flexibility. You’ll work with VPs, factory technicians, and other engineers to spec out projects. But in the end, design and execution is up to you.
Providing electrical engineers with the physical equivalent of a fast and correct compiler is extremely difficult, but the payoff is enormous. If we succeed, we will accelerate the development of dozens of critical industries. Instead of having hardware engineers sit on their hands for weeks waiting for prototypes, our platform enables rapid self-service that delivers a prototype in days.
Some of the things you might work on include:
- Offering real-time, automated manufacturing feedback based on certain parameters of our customers' designs (think linting for hardware)
- Optimizing our factory processes with machine learning and scheduling algorithms
- Encoding the three-dimensional structure of each component (i.e. resistors, capacitors) that we place on customers' boards, in order to ensure minimal manufacturing defects
- Automated optical inspection (faster than anyone in the industry)
We’re looking for someone that has…
- 1+ year(s) experience with Python
- 1+ year(s) experience with JS frameworks (we use React)
- Experience managing cloud infrastructure (we use AWS)
- Experience writing web applications that communicate with third-party APIs
- Experience with relational databases (we use Postgres)
- Bonus: experience with any of our other tech!
- Unlimited Vacation – We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Exceptional Benefits Package – We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave- We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly Lunches and Office Snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stacked snack pantry and weekly, free company-wide lunch to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Commuter Benefits Package – However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees a range of commuter benefits to compensate for their time on the road.
- Transparent and Social Culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and biweekly socials.
Come help us accelerate the progress of companies developing next-gen rockets, helpful drones, state of the art medical devices, and much more. We look forward to hearing from you!