We believe unimaginable breakthroughs for human progress are possible when we can explore ideas by cycling rapidly between conception and realization.
Whether we’re settling the frontiers of outer space, mapping genes for longer lives, shifting the world to clean energy, or prototyping the electronics that make it all possible, the drive toward innovation is an inherent part of our human nature.
That’s why Tempo is here - to take that drive to entirely new levels. By building a more intelligent and intuitive manufacturing system designed to meet the demands of innovation, we’re bringing speed, precision, and transparency where they’ve never been before.
What does Tempo Automation do?
At Tempo Automation, we're modernizing the way electronics are manufactured and we are looking for the most talented, creative and passionate people to join our team! We are building sophisticated software and a robotic factory for rapid electronics prototyping. We enable engineers to manufacture their designs at the click of a button in as fast as 3 days (instead of weeks to months), allowing them to rapidly test and iterate on their designs.
What you’ll do…
We’re looking for a world-class Strategic Finance Associate who will report directly to our VP of Finance. In this role, you’ll be responsible for providing financial insights that drive key business decisions related to M&A transactions, as well as leading strategic projects and investments. As a fast-paced early-stage company, we seek entrepreneurial self-starters that will find opportunities to leverage their combination of strategic and financial skills to build something truly revolutionary in the world of electronics manufacturing.
Some of the things you’ll work on include:
- Manage and oversee M&A processes and strategic initiatives that involve financial analysis and decision-making.
- Work cross-functionally to identify, evaluate, and execute major inorganic growth and financial opportunities that impact business units and company’s P&L
- Develop and manage ROI-driven decision-making framework for all strategic initiatives and projects
- Engage and manage relationships with key partners and advisors (i.e. investors, banks, creditors, accountants, consultants, lawyers, etc.)
- Be a motivating cross-functional leader and team-builder
We’re looking for someone that has…
- 3+ years of experience in analytically-driven roles (Tech Investment Banking, Consulting, etc.)
- Experience in structuring well-laid out M&A processes from end-to-end (top of the funnel, initial conversations, diligence, negotiations, close).
- Experience in on all major steps of various types of M&A transactions (i.e. acqui-hire, joint venture, acquisition, merger, asset purchase, etc.)
- Experience defining analytical/research projects, analyzing data and generating practical insights and decision-making recommendations
- Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations.
- Possess strong interpersonal, multi-tasking, organizational, and project planning skills, and demonstrating the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to deal with complex problems and present recommendations and findings in a clear, concise format.
- Advanced modeling skills with the ability to swiftly and effectively translate ambiguity into succinct outputs.
- CFA, CPA, CMA is a plus
- Experience in the electronics manufacturing industry is a plus
- B2B SAAS experience is a plus
- Unlimited Vacation – We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Exceptional Benefits Package – We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave- We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly Lunches and Office Snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stacked snack pantry and weekly, free company-wide lunch to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Commuter Benefits Package – However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees a range of commuter benefits to compensate for their time on the road.
- Transparent and Social Culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and biweekly socials.
Come help us accelerate the progress of companies developing next-gen rockets, helpful drones, state of the art medical devices, and much more. We look forward to hearing from you!