We believe unimaginable breakthroughs for human progress are possible when we can explore ideas by cycling rapidly between conception and realization.
Whether we’re settling the frontiers of outer space, mapping genes for longer lives, shifting the world to clean energy, or prototyping the electronics that make it all possible, the drive toward innovation is an inherent part of our human nature.
That’s why Tempo is here - to take that drive to entirely new levels. By building a more intelligent and intuitive manufacturing system designed to meet the demands of innovation, we’re bringing speed, precision, and transparency where they’ve never been before.
What does Tempo Automation do?
At Tempo Automation, we're modernizing the way electronics are manufactured and we are looking for the most talented, creative and passionate people to join our team! We are building sophisticated software and a robotic factory for rapid electronics prototyping. We enable engineers to manufacture their designs at the click of a button in as fast as 3 days (instead of weeks to months), allowing them to rapidly test and iterate on their designs.
What you’ll do...
One of our missions is to educate PCB designers to understand the manufacturing implications of their design decisions so they can have more success during their PCB builds, while also communicating our values, capabilities, and expertise.
We’re looking for a Senior Technical Writer to craft well-researched, technically-accurate, interesting, and insightful content for our internal and external audiences.
Some of the things you’ll work on include:
- Research the PCB industry for new topics that will be compelling to our audience
- Create highly technical and compelling content including blog posts, ebooks, and presentations
- Host technical webinars, based on the content you will write
- Collaborate with the Demand Generation and Marketing Communications teams on integrated marketing campaigns
- Provide technical reviews of internally and externally created content
- Occasionally travel with the US for industry trade shows
We’re looking for someone that has…
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, English, Technical Writing, or related field
- A background in one or more of the following areas: Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, PCB Manufacturing, DFM Engineering, PCB Design, PCB Layout, Embedded Electronics
- 5+ years of writing experience for a technical publication, blog, or company (technical writer) or equivalent.
- Ability to distill and organize complex information into easy to understand concepts for technical and non-technical audiences
- Empathizes with our audience and understands the challenges they face
- Loves learning, explaining, and teaching
- Experience teaching, podcasting, and/or public speaking (preferred)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Fluent in content production tools including Word, Google Suite etc. (layout experience preferred)
- Unlimited Vacation – We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Exceptional Benefits Package – We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave- We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly Lunches and Office Snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stacked snack pantry and weekly, free company-wide lunch to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Commuter Benefits Package – However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees a range of commuter benefits to compensate for their time on the road.
- Transparent and Social Culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and biweekly socials.
Come help us accelerate the progress of companies developing next-gen rockets, helpful drones, state of the art medical devices, and much more. We look forward to hearing from you!