Tempo Automation is the world’s fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond to bring new innovations to the market faster and better than ever before.
We’re seeking a Technical Program Manager will support our most strategic customers in ensuring the success of their New Product Development (NPD) and New Product Introduction (NPI) initiatives. This is a highly visible role with tremendous potential for career advancement and growth.
- Technical point-of-contact to capture project requirements, product specifications, overall expectations and success criteria
- Project planning, schedule and resource management
- Project timeline management, internally and with the customer
- Project business management including project cost, budgets and profitability
- Communicate with customers on project status, requirements, and deliverables effectively and authoritatively
- Coordinate activities and resources within all departments of Tempo: Design, PCB Fabrication, PCB Assembly, Material Purchasing, and Process Engineering
- Coordinate and track all external dependencies with vendors and customers
- Create the playbook for program management excellence at Tempo
- Strong working knowledge of engineering design product life cycle
- Domain knowledge in program management for hardware product manufacturing
- Must have managed multiple complex electro-mechanical hardware systems projects
- Must have experience with project management tools, such as MS Project, Smartsheet
- Must have experience with NPD, NPI, pilot, and low volume production
- BOM (Bill of Materials) cost estimation and cost optimization experience a plus
- BS/MS (ME, EE) with 5+ years of related experience to include 3+ years of direct, hands-on experience in the electronics or electro-mechanical industry
- Team player, strong written & oral communication skills, ability to work well with distributed teams
- Unlimited Vacation – We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Exceptional Benefits Package – We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave- We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly Lunches and Office Snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stacked snack pantry and weekly, free company-wide lunch to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Commuter Benefits Package – However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees a range of commuter benefits to compensate for their time on the road.
- Transparent and Social Culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and biweekly socials.