Tempo Automation is the world’s fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond to bring new innovations to the market faster and better than ever before.
We’re seeking a Technical Program Manager will support our most strategic customers in ensuring the success of their New Product Development (NPD) and New Product Introduction (NPI) initiatives. This is a highly visible role with tremendous potential for career advancement and growth.
- Technical point-of-contact to capture project requirements, product specifications, overall expectations and success criteria
- Project planning, schedule and resource management
- Project timeline management, internally and with the customer
- Project business management including project cost, budgets and profitability
- Communicate with customers on project status, requirements, and deliverables effectively and authoritatively
- Coordinate activities and resources within all departments of Tempo: Design, PCB Fabrication, PCB Assembly, Material Purchasing, and Process Engineering
- Coordinate and track all external dependencies with vendors and customers
- Create the playbook for program management excellence at Tempo
- Strong working knowledge of engineering design product life cycle
- Domain knowledge in program management for hardware product manufacturing
- Must have managed multiple complex electro-mechanical hardware systems projects
- Must have experience with project management tools, such as MS Project, Smartsheet
- Must have experience with NPD, NPI, pilot, and low volume production
- BOM (Bill of Materials) cost estimation and cost optimization experience a plus
- BS/MS (ME, EE) with 5+ years of related experience to include 3+ years of direct, hands-on experience in the electronics or electro-mechanical industry
- Team player, strong written & oral communication skills, ability to work well with distributed teams
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and biweekly socials so our employees have the opportunity to interact with team members from different parts of the company.