We believe unimaginable breakthroughs for human progress are possible when we can explore ideas by cycling rapidly between conception and realization.
Whether we’re settling the frontiers of outer space, mapping genes for longer lives, shifting the world to clean energy, or prototyping the electronics that make it all possible, the drive toward innovation is an inherent part of our human nature.
That’s why Tempo is here - to take that drive to entirely new levels. By building a more intelligent and intuitive manufacturing system designed to meet the demands of innovation, we’re bringing speed, precision, and transparency where they’ve never been before.
What does Tempo Automation do?
At Tempo Automation, we're modernizing the way electronics are manufactured and we are looking for the most talented, creative and passionate people to join our team! We are building sophisticated software and a robotic factory for rapid electronics prototyping. We enable engineers to manufacture their designs at the click of a button in as fast as 3 days (instead of weeks to months), allowing them to rapidly test and iterate on their designs.
What you’ll do...
We’re looking for a Manager for our People Operations Team who will lead and execute our people programs with energy and precision. At Tempo Automation, you will drive company growth by designing and implementing various initiatives targeting compensation, benefits, compliance, performance management, recruiting, and analytics. You will also have the opportunity to build a team to ensure success.
Some of the things you’ll work on include:
- Participate in the design and implementation of compensation programs and policies.
- Conduct base salary and merit analysis and recommend salary structure and budget increases.
- Provide compensation analysis on an as needed basis.
- Analyze organizational pay practices and makes recommendations for salary changes to ensure equity.
- Implement special compensation programs or incentive systems for all employees or for specific groups to support the organization's objectives.
- Analyze company compensation policies in relation to government wage and hour regulations, prevailing rates for similar jobs in comparable industries or geographic areas and recommend changes as appropriate to establish and maintain competitive rates
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment law, including any reporting requirements.
- Manage Leave of Absence, Workers Compensation, and Accommodations practices in accordance with federal, state and local policies.
- Design and implement efficient employee on-boarding experiences that instill Tempo’s principles.
- Maintain and communicate HR policies and procedures across the organization.
- Own, run and refine compensation processes.
- Drive administrative processes including immigration, payroll changes, employee benefits, I-9s, 401K enrollments/adjustments, etc.
- Maintain regular updates to company handbook.
- Serve as a point of contact to team members to help them navigate day-to-day HR questions regarding benefits, immigration, policies and processes.
We’re looking for someone that has…
- A Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of related responsibility within an HR organization or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong working knowledge of employment laws and compliance, HR best practices, benefits, payroll, and compensation
- Experience creating/using salary bands and rolling out compensation structures throughout an organization
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage and prioritize multiple projects while creating scalable processes in a startup environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a can-do attitude, attention to detail, and excellent judgment
- Unlimited Vacation – We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Exceptional Benefits Package – We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave- We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly Lunches and Office Snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stacked snack pantry and weekly, free company-wide lunch to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Commuter Benefits Package – However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees a range of commuter benefits to compensate for their time on the road.
- Transparent and Social Culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and biweekly socials.
Come help us accelerate the progress of companies developing next-gen rockets, helpful drones, state of the art medical devices, and much more. We look forward to hearing from you!