We believe unimaginable breakthroughs for human progress are possible when we can explore ideas by cycling rapidly between conception and realization.
Whether we’re settling the frontiers of outer space, mapping genes for longer lives, shifting the world to clean energy or prototyping the electronics that make it all possible, the drive toward innovation is an inherent part of our human nature.
That’s why Tempo is here - to take that drive to entirely new levels. By building a more intelligent and intuitive manufacturing system designed to meet the demands of innovation, we’re bringing speed, precision, and transparency where they’ve never been before.
What does Tempo Automation do?
At Tempo Automation, we're modernizing the way electronics are manufactured and we are looking for the most talented, creative and passionate people to join our team! We are building sophisticated software and a robotic factory for rapid electronics prototyping. We enable engineers to manufacture their designs at the click of a button in as fast as 3 days (instead of weeks to months), allowing them to rapidly test and iterate on their designs.
What you’ll do...
We’re looking for an Accounting Manager who will have an impact on the way the accounting team is built. You are a technical accounting expert but also operationally savvy to ensure optimal and efficient accounting operations.
Some of the things you’ll work on include:
- Lead preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Design and implement best in class systems, processes, and controls to support tax and accounting compliance
- Develop effective and efficient month-end close process
- Exhibit expert decision making on policy and procedures. Develop, document, implement and monitor operational accounting policies and procedures
- Continuously strive for operational excellence - never settling for status quo. Ruthless prioritization to ensure operational effectiveness while maintaining agility
- Serve as the primary point of contact and liaison for audit requests
- Perform financial statement analysis and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations to assist management with business decisions
- Develop and implement process improvements, document business finance procedures, and processes to achieve efficiencies
We’re looking for someone that has…
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA/CIA or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant leadership work experience in public accounting and/or a high tech organization
- Excellent leadership skills with collaborative working style and ability to work cross functionally
- Ability to self-manage and execute in an unstructured environment
- Superb written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence and drive sound business decisions
- Proven track record of increased responsibilities and scope
- Solid knowledge of accounting policies/procedures and financial statements.
- Strong program management and organization skills with an ability to plan and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to independently resolve complex problems where analysis requires the in-depth evaluation of numerous factors
- Experience with Netsuite, Oracle Fusion or another large scale ERP is preferred
- Unlimited Vacation – We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Exceptional Benefits Package – We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave- We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly Lunches and Office Snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stacked snack pantry and weekly, free company-wide lunch to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Commuter Benefits Package – However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees a range of commuter benefits to compensate for their time on the road.
- Transparent and Social Culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and biweekly socials.
Come help us accelerate the progress of companies developing next-gen rockets, helpful drones, state of the art medical devices, and much more. We look forward to hearing from you!