We believe unimaginable breakthroughs for human progress are possible when we can explore ideas by cycling rapidly between conception and realization.
Whether we’re settling the frontiers of outer space, mapping genes for longer lives, shifting the world to clean energy, or prototyping the electronics that make it all possible, the drive toward innovation is an inherent part of our human nature.
That’s why Tempo is here - to take that drive to entirely new levels. By building a more intelligent and intuitive manufacturing system designed to meet the demands of innovation, we’re bringing speed, precision, and transparency where they’ve never been before.
What does Tempo Automation do?
At Tempo Automation, we're modernizing the way electronics are manufactured and we are looking for the most talented, creative and passionate people to join our team! We are building sophisticated software and a robotic factory for rapid electronics prototyping. We enable engineers to manufacture their designs at the click of a button in as fast as 3 days (instead of weeks to months), allowing them to rapidly test and iterate on their designs.
What you’ll do...
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who has an interest in the intricate world of computational geometry and its practical application to real world products such as electronics. You might be intrigued by the need to dive back and forth between vector and raster spaces.
You’re a strong production python capable software engineer that loves collaborating with a multi-faceted team with widely varied focuses.
Bonus if: You love the math of it!
Some of the things you’ll work on include:
- High performance rasterization of vector geometry both on the backend and the frontend
- Analysis and digestion of the intent and meaning of vector geometry using carefully chosen parallel processing toolsets
- Challenging perceptions of the most effective way to render and edit real world subject matter in electronics such as circuit boards
- Systems design using a combination of these newly written toolsets to radically alter the workflow of both electronics design and process in electronics building factories such as our own
We’re looking for someone that has…
- Experience writing excellent production Python 3, ideally with use of a framework such as Django
- Math, Electronics, Topology, Topography, or Science background is valuable
- An interest in developing strong technical communications with those in other fields such as electrical engineering, factory engineers, and machine operators in order to really dig deep into a set of problems
- Unlimited Vacation – We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Exceptional Benefits Package – We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave- We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly Lunches and Office Snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stacked snack pantry and weekly, free company-wide lunch to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Commuter Benefits Package – However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees a range of commuter benefits to compensate for their time on the road.
- Transparent and Social Culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and biweekly socials.
Come help us accelerate the progress of companies developing next-gen rockets, helpful drones, state of the art medical devices, and much more. We look forward to hearing from you!