IT Helpdesk Administrator
San Francisco, CA
We believe unimaginable breakthroughs for human progress are possible when we can explore ideas by cycling rapidly between conception and realization.
Whether we’re settling the frontiers of outer space, mapping genes for longer lives, shifting the world to clean energy, or prototyping the electronics that make it all possible, the drive toward innovation is an inherent part of our human nature.
That’s why Tempo is here - to take that drive to entirely new levels. By building a more intelligent and intuitive manufacturing system designed to meet the demands of innovation, we’re bringing speed, precision, and transparency where they’ve never been before.
What does Tempo Automation do?
At Tempo Automation, we're modernizing the way electronics are manufactured and we are looking for the most talented, creative and passionate people to join our team! We are building sophisticated software and a robotic factory for rapid electronics prototyping. We enable engineers to manufacture their designs at the click of a button in as fast as 3 days (instead of weeks to months), allowing them to rapidly test and iterate on their designs.
What you’ll do...
We’re looking for an IT Helpdesk Administrator who will tackle end user issues and problems as they relate to robots, computer hardware, and network and conference room hardware. You will be responsible for the oversight and provisioning of equipment for new employees as well as the reimaging and inventory of previously used hardware. You will also be responsible for the day to day management of the help desk queue and escalate tickets and problems to the Senior IT Engineer or IT Manager when necessary. We’re looking for a responsive, highly productive professional who is used to the fast and frenetic pace of Internet Startup Technology companies.
Some of the things you’ll work on include:
- Ensuring high availability of systems interfacing with people and robots.
- Enhancing audio/video systems in conference rooms.
- Ensuring that our network always stays rock solid so the factory never stops.
- Balancing support ticket work with future reaching work while keeping teams happily executing.
We’re looking for someone that has…
- Experience with Active Directory, Windows domains, OS X, Mobile devices, Enterprise Wifi, Backup Systems, HyperV, Virtualization, MSI Repackaging.
- A strong ability to diagnose computer issues, a strong understanding of wifi and ethernet, a powerful desire to have technology systems that work just right!
- Ability to think on your feet and work under pressure.
- Prior experience managing IT systems, an IT certification, or an associate degree in a technical area.
- Great people interaction skills.
- Unlimited Vacation – We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Exceptional Benefits Package – We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave- We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly Lunches and Office Snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stacked snack pantry and weekly, free company-wide lunch to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Commuter Benefits Package – However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees a range of commuter benefits to compensate for their time on the road.
- Transparent and Social Culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and monthly socials.
Come help us accelerate the progress of companies developing next-gen rockets, helpful drones, state of the art medical devices, and much more. We look forward to hearing from you!