Join a growing team using software to revolutionize the world of electronics manufacturing. Quality is the foundation of any great manufacturing company. Tempo Automation is looking for a Quality Engineer who can foster quality excellence and an uncompromising Total Quality Management (TQM) system.
We disrupt the traditional model and customer experience of an EMS provider by building sophisticated software and utilizing state of the art hardware to develop processes for rapid electronics manufacturing. We enable engineers to go from CAD design to assembled circuit boards at the click of a button in just 3 days, allowing them to rapidly test and iterate their designs. Meanwhile our self-service interface eliminates wasted time on emails and phone calls, reduces human error, and gives unparalleled transparency into our manufacturing process and how to optimize PCB design for cost and speed.
We are a group of creative people passionate about building tools to make hardware development move at the speed of software. We come to work every day inspired by the customers we serve - companies building satellites, rockets, self-driving cars, medical devices, and much more.
The Quality Engineer will be cooperating with all departments to build culture of quality, continuous improvement and accountability. This a highly visible role that will involve senior management and customer interactions on a daily basis.
- Improve reliability of product development process.
- Review and respond to customer feedback.
- Maintain company quality and ethical standards.
- QMS Representative and Compliance champion for the company.
- Lead the internal audit and implementation to QMS standards for ISO9001:2015, AS9100D, ISO13485:2016
- Oversee the Corrective Action / Preventative Action (CAPA) process
- Creation and maintenance of quality documentation to meet all company, regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Monitor and perform trend analysis from quality process data.
- Review customer data for quality clauses and conformity.
- Complete First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR) using internal, external or 3rd party forms (e.g. AS9102).
- Recommend appropriate hardware/software technology for optimizing the quality and efficiency.
- Work with Process Engineering to provide validation reports for manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Establish a collaborative working relationship with all departments.
- Typically works full time during regular scheduled hours but will need to be reasonably available after hours and on-call when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Equivalent work experience and certifications will be considered.
- 3+ years’ quality engineering experience in the PCBA industry
- Firm understanding of all PCBA quality validation processes:
- Incoming, Material, SPI, QC, AOI, FAI, OBA & FQA
- Traceability processes and procedures.
- Proficiency with precision measuring tools - e.g. caliper, go/nogo gauge, etc.
- Adaptive to learn new hardware/software technology.
- Impeccable communication, presentation, spreadsheet and organizational skills.
- Familiar with CAD software, schematics and basic office applications.
- Zero Defect process development experience
- Strong analytical background using SPC and 6-sigma, gauge R&R
- Experience with PFMEA, MRB, CAPA, Installation (IQ) / Operational (OQ) / Performance (PQ) Qualification, and continuous improvement processes.
- Understand x-ray process and can perform detailed analysis.
- Basic electronics: capacitor, resistor, diode, IC, test (continuity, resistance, capacitance, inductance).
- Extensive knowledge of IPC-610, IPC-600, IPC-7711/21, ANSI/ESD 20.20, J-STD-001 and J-STD-033 requirements.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Familiar with CAD software: Altium, Cadence, Eagle, ODB++ and Valor.
- Lead auditor certification for ISO-13485, AS9100 and/or TS16949
- Project management experience with leadership responsibilities.
- Knowledge of DFM for PCB fabrication and DFA for assembly.
- Proven ability to develop a quality team
- Experience in PCBA testing: hipot, functional and flying probe.
- Familiar with OSHA requirements.
- FDA: cGMP requirements with DHR tracking experience
- Unlimited vacation – We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Exceptional benefits package – We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave- We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible stock options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly lunches and office snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stacked snack drawer and free company-wide lunches to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco office location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Commuter Benefits package- However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees a range of commuter benefits to compensate for their time on the road.
- Transparent and social culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and biweekly socials.