We believe unimaginable breakthroughs for human progress are possible when we can explore ideas by cycling rapidly between conception and realization.
Whether we’re settling the frontiers of outer space, mapping genes for longer lives, shifting the world to clean energy, or prototyping the electronics that make it all possible, the drive toward innovation is an inherent part of our human nature.
That’s why Tempo is here - to take that drive to entirely new levels. By building a more intelligent and intuitive manufacturing system designed to meet the demands of innovation, we’re bringing speed, precision, and transparency where they’ve never been before.
What does Tempo Automation do?
At Tempo Automation, we're modernizing the way electronics are manufactured and we are looking for the most talented, creative and passionate people to join our team! We are building sophisticated software and a robotic factory for rapid electronics prototyping. We enable engineers to manufacture their designs at the click of a button in as fast as 3 days (instead of weeks to months), allowing them to rapidly test and iterate on their designs.
What you’ll do…
We’re looking for a world-class FP&A Manager who will report directly to our VP of Finance. In this role, you’ll be responsible for all areas of FP&A, which includes developing financial and business plans, partnering with business leaders across the company and driving analyses for business and strategic issues. As a fast-paced early-stage company, we seek entrepreneurial self-starters that will find opportunities to leverage their combination of strategic and financial skills to build something truly revolutionary in the world of electronics manufacturing.
Some of the things you’ll work on include:
- Engage in all aspects of financial planning and analysis (forecast, budget, long-range planning and variance analysis)
- Support company planning processes for all corporate short and long-term forecasts for income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow
- Develop and maintain an insightful monthly package, inclusive of trended KPIs, used to drive strategic business decisions
- Prepare financial reporting deliverables, analyze business trends and drivers, and explain forecast versus actual variances.
- Oversee the monthly close process, partnering with Accounting to ensure accurate general ledger and company-wide financial statement reporting.
- Support quarterly & annual board of director’s meetings and investor relations activities
We’re looking for someone that has…
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- 5+ years of experience in FP&A and/or Strategic Finance equivalent functions; or 3+ years of experience in analytically-driven roles (Investment Banking, Consulting, etc.)
- Experience in fast-paced, start-up environments is preferred - able to work comfortably under pressure, frequently changing landscape and tight deadlines
- Experience defining analytical/research projects, analyzing data and generating practical insights and decision-making recommendations
- Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations
- Possess strong interpersonal, multi-tasking, organizational, and project planning skills, and demonstrating the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to deal with complex problems and present recommendations and findings in a clear, concise format.
- A quick and scrappy learner who adapts well to a fast-moving environment and gets things done, combines creativity, problem-solving skills, and a can-do attitude to overcome any obstacle
- Advanced modeling skills with the ability to swiftly and effectively translate ambiguity into succinct outputs
- CFA, CPA, CMA is a plus
- Experience in the electronics manufacturing industry is a plus
- B2B SAAS experience is a plus
- Unlimited Vacation – We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Exceptional Benefits Package – We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave- We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly Lunches and Office Snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stacked snack pantry and weekly, free company-wide lunch to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Commuter Benefits Package – However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees a range of commuter benefits to compensate for their time on the road.
- Transparent and Social Culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and biweekly socials.
Come help us accelerate the progress of companies developing next-gen rockets, helpful drones, state of the art medical devices, and much more. We look forward to hearing from you!