We believe unimaginable breakthroughs for human progress are possible when we can explore ideas by cycling rapidly between conception and realization.
Whether we’re settling the frontiers of outer space, mapping genes for longer lives, shifting the world to clean energy, or prototyping the electronics that make it all possible, the drive toward innovation is an inherent part of our human nature.
That’s why Tempo is here - to take that drive to entirely new levels. By building a more intelligent and intuitive manufacturing system designed to meet the demands of innovation, we’re bringing speed, precision, and transparency where they’ve never been before.
What does Tempo Automation do?
At Tempo Automation, we're modernizing the way electronics are manufactured and we are looking for the most talented, creative and passionate people to join our team! We are building sophisticated software and a robotic factory for rapid electronics prototyping. We enable engineers to manufacture their designs at the click of a button in as fast as 3 days (instead of weeks to months), allowing them to rapidly test and iterate on their designs.
What you’ll do...
We’re looking for an SMT Operator to join our production staff and help us bring the creations of our amazing customers to life!
Some of the things you’ll work on include:
- Input Program Information to Operate Pick and Place Systems
- Upload Program from Auto Program to the Pick and Place Computer - Operate Pick and Place manually through sequence to verify part positions, board coordinates and fiducials.
- Feeder Setup and Programming - Put reel-mounted parts into feeders, program feeders for part pickup.
- Operation of Pick and Place System - Initiate automatic operation using an existing program, Pick and place load a board, inspect it to confirm proper loading.
- Basic Pick and Place Troubleshooting
- Manually Program Pick and Place System
- Operate Stencil Printer - Use, cleaning and adjustment.
We’re looking for someone that has…
- 2+ years of experience with SMT Pick and Place
- 2+ years of PCB SMT and thru-hole soldering experience
- Experience assembling PCB prototypes according to engineering instruction
- Experience with stencil printer
- Familiarity with operating machinery/robots safely and efficiently
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, datasheets, and written work instructions
- Ability to learn new tools and processes quickly
- Good verbal communication skills
- Excellent manual dexterity, soldering skills are a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to work well in a group atmosphere, and comply with high quality standards
- Strong ability to shift from one task to another to address changing production priorities
- Familiarity with CAD tools like EAGLE, Altium is a plus, but will train the right person
- Exceptional benefits package – We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible stock options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly lunches and office snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stacked snack drawer and free company-wide lunches to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco office location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Commuter Benefits package- However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees a range of commuter benefits to compensate for their time on the road.
- Transparent and social culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and biweekly socials.
Come help us accelerate the progress of companies developing rockets, drones, medical devices, and much more. We look forward to hearing from you!