What does Tempo Automation do?
At Tempo Automation, we're modernizing the way electronics are manufactured and we are looking for the most talented, creative and passionate people to join our team! We are building sophisticated software and a robotic factory for rapid electronics prototyping. We enable engineers to manufacture their designs at the click of a button in as fast as 3 days (instead of weeks to months), allowing them to rapidly test and iterate on their designs.
Why join us?
Solving a real pain point — Electrical engineers don't have the luxury of a tight feedback loop. While software engineers tweak their code, run it, and quickly see the results of those changes, electrical engineers usually wait several weeks to receive prototype boards and continue iterating on their designs. Tempo is fixing that. We know that high-quality circuit boards can be manufactured quickly; we do it every day! In order to continue to take on more complex customer designs, offer more powerful insights into those designs, build and design new factories, and make everything run smoother and faster, we are looking to hire the best of the best.
Big market and great growth — Every company in the world that produces electronics in any form stands to benefit from developing their products with Tempo. The market for electronics prototyping is roughly $230 billion in North America; it contains everything from rocketry and automobiles to thermostats and industrial equipment.
Positive impact on the world — We will significantly accelerate the progress of multiple industries that affect billions of people every day. Looking for a leveraged way to help humanity and move technology as a whole forward? Here it is!
Tempo is looking for a passionate and detail oriented Senior Product Manager to join our growing team! You will be in charge of product strategy and operations, work cross functionally to ensure business, product and engineering teams are aligned and ultimately be the leading instrumental force in our production road map.
- 3-5+ years of product management experience with technical B2B products or services
- Proven experience evaluating technical trade-offs inherent to product development
- 3+ years of experience collecting and translating customer requirements (internal or external) into software product features and technical designs
- Proven project management skills to coordinate multiple product objectives and technical implementation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to drive consensus across multiple stakeholders
- Experience in data collection, model building, testing, and validation
- Proven ability to work independently to achieve goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
Nice to Have:
- BS in a technical degree
- Experience with hardware and/or manufacturing is a plus
- UI/UX experience is a plus
- Unlimited vacation – We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Exceptional benefits package – We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave- We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid paternal leave to make this possible.
- Flexible stock options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly lunches and office snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stocked snack drawer and free company-wide lunches to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco office location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Commuter Benefits package- However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees a range of commuter benefits to compensate for their time on the road.
- Transparent and social culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and biweekly socials.