Tempo is looking to hire a creative, organized and effective Director of Marketing Communications to join our Marketing team.
Tempo is the world's fastest electronics manufacturer - with a design upload to delivery in as fast as 3 days - using software-driven automation to deliver complex designs with unprecedented speed, quality, and transparency. Tempo is working with ambitious engineers building re-usable rockets, satellites, autonomous cars, medical devices, and more. Tempo's connected factory is based in San Francisco - come help us build the future of manufacturing!
- 5+ years working in marketing communications at a tech company (hardware or software)
- 3+ years managing the marcom function in a hardware or software technology company, including management of the PR, editorial, and social media functions
- Excellent writing and editing skills within marketing
- Demonstrated record of listening closely to the market and responding with compelling content, editorial approaches, positioning and messaging that establishes credibility and drives sales.
Nice to have:
- Experience managing relations with industry analysts
- Own the inbound marketing function and earned media
- Work closely with the digital marketing manager and product marketing manager to develop compelling content for our website, email campaigns, and other collateral
- Work closely with our external PR agency to create actionable editorial, social media, and event calendars, tied to our product release schedule, industry events, award opportunities, and opportunities with our go-to-market partners to leverage their audiences
- Create, manage, and maintain productive relationships with editors and reporters at industry media, business media, general news media, and local media to raise our visibility and earn our position as the leading voice of the industry, the indispensable, authoritative source for news, quotes, and opinions in any relevant story the media is working on.
- Coordinate content creation, managing external creatives including writers, photographers, videographers, graphic designers, animators
- Create, manage, and maintain productive relationships with relevant industry analysts.
- Create, manage, and maintain productive relationships with marcom and partnership program managers at our go-to-market and ecosystem partners
- Create, manage, and maintain productive relationships with relevant industry organizations, developing opportunities for key members of our team to present, join expert panels, and make media appearances at industry events
- Exceptional benefits package – We value healthy employees. We cover 100% of the premium for our base health, dental, and vision package.
- Unlimited vacation – We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Parental Leave- We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid paternal leave to make this possible.
- Flexible stock options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly lunches and office snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stacked snack drawer and free companywide lunches to bring everyone together and fuel the journey.
- San Francisco office location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Commuter Benefits package- However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees a range of commuter benefits to compensate for their time on the road.
- Transparent and sociable culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and biweekly socials.