About Tempo Automation:
Tempo Automation is the world’s fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond to bring new innovations to market faster and better than ever before.
About the role:
We’re looking for a DFM Systems Engineer to join our team in a service-oriented and customer-facing role that supports the Sales organization. You’ll work with customer requests for ECAD design feedback and PCB stack-up creation. This is a highly visible role with tremendous potential for career advancement and growth.
We are open to remote individuals for this position.
- Work with customers to develop custom PCB stack-ups
- Perform DFM reviews of customer designs for resolving PCB manufacturability and assembly issues
- Provide guidance on customer designs for improving cost, yield, and lead-time metrics
- Conduct training workshops on design best practices for prospects and customers
- Author white papers and blogs promoting industry best practices
- BSEE/BSME or higher degree with at least 7-10 years of electronics manufacturing experience
- Strong working knowledge of the Valor PCB manufacturing tool and Polar controlled impedance calculator.
- Ability to panelize ECAD designs in Valor.
- Strong working knowledge of industry-leading ECAD software like Cadence Allegro, Altium Designer, Mentor Xpedition, Mentor PADS, etc
- Firm grasp of PCB fabrication materials, manufacturing methods, cost drivers, yields, and lamination cycles
- Strong knowledge of interconnect and electronic assembly applications and technologies including soldering, press-fit, and rework with knowledge of IPC-A-610
- Understanding of complex failure mechanisms in PCBA process and or PCB fabrication and knowledge of standard failure analysis techniques (SEM, EDX, X-section, Die and Pry, CSAM)
- Unlimited Vacation – We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Exceptional Benefits Package – We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave- We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly Lunches and Office Snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stacked snack pantry and weekly, free company-wide lunch to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Commuter Benefits Package – However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees a range of commuter benefits to compensate for their time on the road.
- Transparent and Social Culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and biweekly socials.