Tempo is looking to hire a knowledgeable and collaborative Process Engineer to join our Factory Technology team. You will be responsible for monitoring, improving and updating our current manufacturing processes while assisting in validations,training, equipment repairs,audits, and much more!
Tempo is the world's fastest electronics manufacturer - with a design upload to delivery in as fast as 3 days - using software-driven automation to deliver complex designs with unprecedented speed, quality, and transparency. Tempo is working with ambitious engineers building re-usable rockets, satellites, autonomous cars, medical devices, and more. Tempo's connected factory is based in San Francisco - come help us build the future of manufacturing!
- 5+ years of PCBA experience in SMT and/or PTH technologies
- Experience working in a team environment
- Knowledgeable of re-flow profile creation and troubleshooting
- Proven track record in handling engineering processes as a whole
Nice to have:
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- FMEA Creation
- Knowledge of ISO9001, AS9100, ISO13485
- Green or black six-sigma training
- DFM knowledge
- IPC certifications
- J-STD-001 certification
- Review customer data and create detailed product specific assembly instructions
- Create and troubleshoot reflow profiles to meet quality requirements
- Assist and report on work assignments, equipment status, production schedules, and anticipated delays
- Coordinate the review and purchase of specialized tooling, material, or parts and ensure that they meet specifications, regulatory requirements and quality standards
- Recommend appropriate hardware/software technology for optimizing the quality and efficiency
- Perform validation reports for new equipment
- Perform machine calibrations required
- Involvement in time studies and process/layout flow reviews to establish standard workflow rate and provide modification recommendations to improve efficiencies for throughput
- Establish a collaborative working relationship with all departments
- Coordinate with management teams to ensure production is running smoothly and provide training to technicians on how to properly operate and maintain the equipment
- Responsible for responding to and appropriately handling all maintenance and mechanical emergencies
- Most time will be spent on the manufacturing floor with some administrative and general office duties
- Typically works full time during regular scheduled hours but will need to be reasonably available after hours and on-call when necessary.
- Exceptional benefits package – We value healthy employees. We cover 100% of the premium for our base health, dental, and vision package.
- Unlimited vacation – We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Parental Leave- We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid paternal leave to make this possible.
- Flexible stock options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly lunches and office snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stacked snack drawer and free companywide lunches to bring everyone together and fuel the journey.
- San Francisco office location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Commuter Benefits package- However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees a range of commuter benefits to compensate for their time on the road.
- Transparent and sociable culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and biweekly socials.