What does Tempo Automation do?
At Tempo Automation, we're modernizing the way electronics are manufactured and we are looking for the most talented, creative and passionate people to join our team! We are building sophisticated software and a robotic factory for rapid electronics prototyping. We enable engineers to manufacture their designs at the click of a button in as fast as 3 days (instead of weeks to months), allowing them to rapidly test and iterate on their designs.
Why join us?
Solving a real pain point — Electrical engineers don't have the luxury of a tight feedback loop. While software engineers tweak their code, run it, and quickly see the results of those changes, electrical engineers usually wait several weeks to receive prototype boards and continue iterating on their designs. Tempo is fixing that. We know that high-quality circuit boards can be manufactured quickly; we do it every day! In order to continue to take on more complex customer designs, offer more powerful insights into those designs, build and design new factories, and make everything run smoother and faster, we are looking to hire the best of the best.
Big market and great growth — Every company in the world that produces electronics in any form stands to benefit from developing their products with Tempo. The market for electronics prototyping is roughly $230 billion; it contains everything from rocketry and automobiles to thermostats and industrial equipment.
Positive impact on the world — We will significantly accelerate the progress of multiple industries that affect billions of people every day. Looking for a leveraged way to help humanity and move technology as a whole forward? Here it is!
Tempo Automation is looking for a Quality Assurance/Quality Control Inspector to join our manufacturing team and help us bring the creations of our amazing customers to life!
- 3+ years of PCBA inspection experience
- Knowledgeable of IPC Standards
- Experience with through-hole inspection
- familiar with SMT, PTH component packages
Nice to have:
- Experience with quality tools: Microscope, Caliper, Digital Multi Meter (DMM)
- Able to read and follow Manufacturing Process Instructions
- Familiar with Final Quality Assurance (FQA) and Quality Control processes
- Ability to read assembly drawings, and CAD data
- IPC-610 Certified
- Experience with Automated Optical Inspection (programming or operation)
- Perform in-process and final inspection of in-house manufactured products per IPC standards and customer requests
- Document and record inspection results and findings in applicable data sheets, forms, and records.
- Assist in preparing and developing inspection instructions and procedures.
- Generate deviation reports as necessary.
- Perform other testing and inspection activities per approved protocol instructions.
- Ensure timely completion of inspections per department goals and objectives.
- Ensure inspection records are complete and accurate, compliant with good documentation practices, filed in a timely manner, and maintained in a manner to facilitate efficient retrieval.
- Perform department clerical tasks as assigned to support department activities.
- Perform job duties in a manner that ensures compliance with the quality system procedures as related to work activities and responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Quality management.
- Contribute to our culture of being collaborative, respectful, transparent, ethical, efficient, high-achieving, and fun!
- Exceptional benefits package – We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible stock options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly lunches and office snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stacked snack drawer and free company-wide lunches to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco office location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Commuter Benefits package- However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees a range of commuter benefits to compensate for their time on the road.
- Transparent and social culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and biweekly socials.
Come help us accelerate the progress of companies developing rockets, drones, medical devices, and much more. We look forward to hearing from you!