Who We Are
Tempo’s mission is to give everyone the power to realize their strength and lead a healthy, full life.
It’s the first and only personal training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer and more effective workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
With its stunning and compact design, Tempo and all its included accessories can be tucked away and fit seamlessly into any home. We believe the combination of beautiful hardware, AI technology, and premium content is how we help our members build a lifelong habit with fitness.
The Move brings the same elevated level of personal training that comes with our flagship Tempo Studio into an even smaller footprint. Using the 3D sensors on the iPhone and Tempo’s Smart System, the Move transforms your living room into a one-on-one training session with an expert coach whenever you want.
Tempo is thriving and we’re experiencing growth of over 300% in sales. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Google, YouTube, Netflix, Airbnb, Pixar, and Orangetheory, backed by $300 Million in funding from Softbank, General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, and Signal Fire.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and API.
- Help in architecting and developing new features following our product roadmap.
- Exercise leadership in project architecture & code quality.
- Follow coding best-practices.
- Follow agile/continuous integration engineering best practices.
- Work with product management to take detailed story-driven requirements and implement them using modern design and coding best practices.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 6+ years experience developing native mobile for Android.
- Experience with Java and Kotlin.
- Good experience of OOP & POP.
- Experience with crash reporting and application logging solutions.
- Experience integrating with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Shipped production quality Android applications.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development lifecycle.
- Experience with TDD.
- Understanding of analytics.
- Solid understanding of Gitflow.
- Experience with fitness business is a plus.