Who We Are
Tempo’s mission is to give everyone the power to realize their strength and lead a healthy, full life.
It’s the first and only personal training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer and more effective workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
With its stunning and compact design, Tempo and all its included accessories can be tucked away and fit seamlessly into any home. We believe the combination of beautiful hardware, AI technology, and premium content is how we help our members build a lifelong habit with fitness.
The Move brings the same elevated level of personal training that comes with our flagship Tempo Studio into an even smaller footprint. Using the 3D sensors on the iPhone and Tempo’s Smart System, the Move transforms your living room into a one-on-one training session with an expert coach whenever you want.
Tempo is thriving and we’re experiencing growth of over 300% in sales. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Google, YouTube, Netflix, Airbnb, Pixar, and Orangetheory, backed by $300 Million in funding from Softbank, General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, and Signal Fire.
About the Role
Tempo is looking for a Sr Marketing Manager, Email Acquisition that will focus on driving new customer sales in partnership with the Growth Marketing team. This person will be responsible for implementing and monitoring full scale acquisition email campaigns and audience segmentation. This role will also be accountable for managing and optimizing the campaigns in addition to messaging strategy. Primary responsibilities will be focused on the email channel strategy and execution including performance and quality. This role is based in San Francisco, CA.
- Own performance for all New Customer email efforts for Tempo
- Manage day-to-day execution of all ACQ Email campaigns and platforms including managing internal KPI benchmarks and business goals
- Provide recommendations and points of view on campaign structure, targeting, creative opportunities, executing A/B testing opportunities
- Maintain and update a ACQ audience strategy based on user attributes, 3P in market audience lists or lower funnel re-engagement
- Work with the creative team to produce and update Email assets and templates in order to drive best in class performance
- Work closely with the marketing analytics team and our performance agency to identify performance trends, providing internal communication to key stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and competitive analysis to inform marketing strategies, providing internal communication to key stakeholders.
- 4-5 years of experience running advanced Email acquisition campaigns and associated reporting, preferably for DTC or E-Commerce advertisers
- High acumen for performance, understanding key trends and enhancing Email channel performance
- Proven track record in driving growth through innovation
- Data driven and very analytical - can both analyze a marketing funnel to size different growth opportunities, build tests to measure impact, and synthesize complex results into actionable recommendations for senior executives
- Strong understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels
- Customer obsessed with experience alternate owned channels a plus
- Experience working cross-functionally with creative, product, and engineering teams
- Extreme attention to detail and commitment to flawless execution
- Excellent communication and project/task management skills
- Proven ability to thrive in a very fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Curious to the core - you are someone that is always seeking growth that will approach the role with an entrepreneurial mindset.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive compensation package with meaningful equity
- Collaborative start-up culture with a close-knit, all star team
- Comprehensive health benefits and unlimited PTO
- Health related perks - Team workouts and company fitness lab
- 401k to eligible employee
- Monthly Wellness Benefit