Who We Are
Tempo’s mission is to give everyone the power to realize their strength and lead a healthy, full life.
It’s the first and only personal training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer and more effective workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
With its stunning and compact design, Tempo and all its included accessories can be tucked away and fit seamlessly into any home. We believe the combination of beautiful hardware, AI technology, and premium content is how we help our members build a lifelong habit with fitness.
The Move brings the same elevated level of personal training that comes with our flagship Tempo Studio into an even smaller footprint. Using the 3D sensors on the iPhone and Tempo’s Smart System, the Move transforms your living room into a one-on-one training session with an expert coach whenever you want.
Tempo is thriving and we’re experiencing growth of over 300% in sales. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Google, YouTube, Netflix, Airbnb, Pixar, and Orangetheory, backed by $300 Million in funding from Softbank, General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, and Signal Fire.
About the Role
Tempo is seeking an ambitious Business Operations Director to join our growing team. You will drive critical business insights for our Executive Team while partnering with cross-functional leaders to plan, strategize, and execute efforts to realize growth. This role will require you to possess exceptional business acumen, maintain an entrepreneurial “get stuff done” mindset, and demonstrate strong people leadership.
- Quickly understand the key drivers of Tempo’s business and how cross-functional teams contribute to them
- Identify gaps and/or opportunities for growth and be able to ideate on a full range of solutions requiring a thoughtful distribution of operational vs productized elements
- Build strategies and translate them into detailed execution plans with defined KPIs
- 8+ years of total experience with a blend of operationally complex work and strategic decision making
- Banking, consulting, and/or tech startup experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree from a 4 year university; MBA is preferred but not required
- Passionate about the connected fitness industry
- “Get stuff done”: You are eager to roll up your sleeves and get on the front lines with our customer experience, supply chain, product, and marketing teams
- Data Minded: You are comfortable diving into our data and piecing it together
- Empathetic: You are in-tune with how others around you are feeling and able to motivate others to achieve results
- Open and Effective Communicator: You’re a great listener and observer as well as a great deliverer of your message
- Relationship Builder: You care about people beyond their job titles, and you want and can build a meaningful relationship with them for many years to come
- Humble: Your customer instincts are matched by your low ego and willingness to problem-solve with others
- Problem Solver: You’re a creative thinker who loves implementing simple and elegant solutions
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation package with meaningful equity
- Collaborative start-up culture with a close-knit, all star team
- Comprehensive health benefits and unlimited PTO
- Health related perks - Team workouts and company fitness lab
- 401k to eligible employees
- Wellness Benefit