Tempo’s mission is to give everyone the power to realize their strength and lead a healthy, full life.
It’s the first and only personal training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer and more effective workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
With its stunning and compact design, Tempo and all its included accessories work can be tucked away and fit seamlessly into any home. We believe the combination of beautiful hardware, AI technology, and premium content is how we help our members build a lifelong habit with fitness.
Tempo is thriving and we’re experiencing growth of over 300% in sales. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Google, YouTube, Netflix, Airbnb, Pixar, Amazon and Orangetheory, backed by $300 Million in funding from Softbank, General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, and Signal Fire.
About the Role
Would you like to have a critical role in ensuring that the Tempo.fit website fulfills its mission of communicating the Tempo story and growing membership in the Tempo community? Do you have a natural talent of converting visitors to buyers -- with a mindset for continuous improvement through test & learn? Do you have a penchant for developing and overseeing strong operational processes, making data-driven decisions, leveraging powerful tools to the max, and collaborating with a highly-motivated cross-functional team?
If the answer is yes, then Tempo has the role for you: the newly created Sr. Manager, Site Merchandising and Operations, reporting directly to the VP of E-Commerce & Growth. In this role you will be the go-to point person for the day-to-day merchandising and operations of the website. You know your customer’s needs inside and out, and are constantly thinking about what is next for the business.
- Serve as the site manager of Tempo.fit (desktop & mobile Web), overseeing the calendar and developing the processes to ensure smooth day-to-day operations and well-coordinated rollout of new content, marketing programs, products, features and experiences
- Oversee site content, ensuring that strong assets are deployed in a timely manner and are coordinated with brand messaging, marketing programs, and conversion improvement goals
- Develop and launch new landing pages in conjunction with Performance Marketing and Creative teams to support SEO, marketing campaigns and other traffic driving initiatives
- Launch and merchandise new products on the site in conjunction with Supply Chain & Fulfillment, and monitor positioning & placement of products on product listing pages
- Assist in the development and rollout of an ongoing test & learn program of new content, marketing campaigns, products and features through multivariate testing and other methods, in conjunction with Marketing, UX, Product and Analytics teams
- Manage key vendor relationships for website development and other site needs
- Become a power user of critical tools required for day-to-day site management and identify opportunities to improve the tools and their adoption
- Build visibility into and report on site merchandising performance, in conjunction with Analytics and other relevant teams
- Establish and maintain an understanding of the competitive landscape and best practices
Qualifications & Skills
- 5- 7+ years experience of site merchandising, preferably for a successful DTC consumer e-commerce brand
- Innate marketing savvy and ability to think like the customer
- Strong working knowledge of CMS (ideally Contentful), web analytics suites, project management tools (e.g. Jira, Asana), and multivariate testing platforms
- Experience setting up and managing a Shopify storefront highly desired
- Strong background developing and refining workflow management practices
- Top-notch analytical and problem solving skills
- Outstanding operator under multiple priorities and resource constraints
- Track record working cross functionally (e-commerce, product, marketing, supply chain, finance, analytics, and external vendors) to ensure stakeholder buy-in and involvement
- Cool and confident under tight timelines and high levels of uncertainty
- Ability to switch between high-level thinking and detailed operations
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and communication skills
- B.A. required
What We Can Offer You
- Competitive compensation package with meaningful equity
- Collaborative start-up culture with a close-knit, all star team
- Comprehensive health benefits and unlimited PTO
- Health related perks - Team workouts and company fitness lab
- 401k to eligible employees
- Wellness Benefit