Tempo’s mission is to give everyone the power to realize their strength and lead a healthy, full life.
It’s the first and only personal training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer and more effective workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
With its stunning and compact design, Tempo and all its included accessories work can be tucked away and fit seamlessly into any home. We believe the combination of beautiful hardware, AI technology, and premium content is how we help our members build a lifelong habit with fitness.
Tempo is thriving and we’re experiencing growth of over 300% in sales. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Google, YouTube, Netflix, Airbnb, Pixar, and Orangetheory, backed by $300 Million in funding from Softbank, General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, and Signal Fire.
Tempo is looking for a Director of PR to help drive awareness and conversation around our brand . This person will play a critical role in creating awareness, driving relevance and building relationships with media partners. This person should have a proven track record of launching large-scale public relations campaigns with consumer-focused brands. In addition, this person will drive the implementation of best-in-class internal communication practices that will engage, align and inspire the fast growing number of Tempo diverse employees across all locations.
- Manages company reputation
- Own, develop and deliver a holistic strategy for consumer, business and internal communications.
- Manage media relations and maximize media opportunities. Leverage relationships with reporters to drive media in the form of national and regional news, TV and digital publications.
- Build and manage public profiles of Tempo’s executive team.
- Foster and manage key events, interviews and speaking opportunities, and awards submissions.
- Develop and edit written materials including plans, press releases, media alerts, fact sheets, and FAQs.
- Develop internal publications such as newsletters, releases, email announcements, planned publications, on-line, intranet, video, special projects and assignments.
- Track, analyze, and report on the effectiveness of coverage.
- Track record of building strong brands through earned media
- 10+ years of experience in communications and public relations.
- Agency experience preferred.
- A passion for fitness; continually up on news in the industry to drive ideas for Tempo.
- Strong network of contacts, specifically at consumer and business media outlets.
- Strong verbal and written communication and outstanding listening skills
- Ability to lead through ambiguity
- Having both a strategic mindset and a bias for action
What We Can Offer You
- Competitive compensation package with meaningful equity
- Collaborative start-up culture with a close-knit, all star team
- Comprehensive health benefits and unlimited PTO
- Health related perks - Team workouts and company fitness lab
- 401k to eligible employees
- Wellness Benefit