Tempo’s mission is to give everyone the power to realize their strength and lead a healthy, full life.
It’s the first and only personal training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer and more effective workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
With its stunning and compact design, Tempo and all its included accessories work can be tucked away and fit seamlessly into any home. We believe the combination of beautiful hardware, AI technology, and premium content is how we help our members build a lifelong habit with fitness.
Tempo is thriving and we’re experiencing growth of over 300% in sales month-over-month. We recently raised $220M in Series C. This round was led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2 with participation from new investor Steadfast Venture Capital, and returning investors DCM, General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Bling Capital. Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Apple, Pixar, Airbnb, YouTube, Netflix, Equinox, and Orangetheory.
About The Role
Tempo is looking for an experienced Visual Designer to be embedded within our Marketing organization and reporting to our Creative Director. In this role, you will help bring our brand identity alive and develop a wide range of creative assets for our social channels. The ideal candidate should be able to both concept big ideas and sweat all the micro details of your craft as you bring them to life. You’ll play a key role in defining the visual language of an emerging fitness brand with lots of opportunities for exploration and innovation.
When applying, please include a link to your online portfolio and other relevant creative links. This role will work primarily on the Social team. When applying be sure to include work samples that meet this specific criteria.
- Generate clear ideas, concepts, and designs for any form of creative asset
- Execute typography, icons, logos, assets and interfaces for multiple platforms
- Execute production-ready assets for social channels
- Execute quality of design through all phases of the process
- Define, codify and establish the standards for high quality visual design
- Participate in design critiques and brainstorms
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary creatives to take projects from start to finish
- Collaborate across departments (marketing, product, fitness, etc.) to ensure a consistent and cohesive brand language
- Think of innovative ways to stretch and extend our design language system
- Stay in the loop and on top of the latest standards and trends in the visual design field and social media
- 4+ years of experience as a brand/marketing visual designer on consumer-facing products
- An online portfolio demonstrating innovative, inspired visual design
- Advanced knowledge of channels: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Advanced knowledge of: Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator
- A working knowledge of how to work/build design systems
- Ability to work with contractors and agencies as needed
- Experience building brands and brand guidelines
- A self-starter who thrives in a faced-paced environment
- Flexible, pragmatic, and detail-oriented
- Incredible ability to multitask
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation package with meaningful equity
- Collaborative start-up culture with a close-knit, all star team
- Comprehensive health benefits and unlimited PTO
- Health related perks - Team workouts and company fitness lab
- 401k to eligible employees
- Wellness Benefit