Tempo’s mission is to give everyone the power to realize their strength and lead a healthy, full life.
It’s the first and only personal training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer and more effective workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
With its stunning and compact design, Tempo and all its included accessories work can be tucked away and fit seamlessly into any home. We believe the combination of beautiful hardware, AI technology, and premium content is how we help our members build a lifelong habit with fitness.
Tempo is thriving and we’re experiencing growth of over 300% in sales. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Google, YouTube, Netflix, Airbnb, Pixar, and Orangetheory, backed by $300 Million in funding from Softbank, General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, and Signal Fire.
About The Role
The Manager of Inventory Accounting is a newly created position within Tempo arising from the need to support our growing organization in our San Francisco office. We are looking for someone to drive the Inventory Accounting function for Tempo, with responsibility over control design and documentation and inventory accounting, and analysis. This opportunity is ideal for someone who has the fundamental knowledge of supply chain and inventory processes including direct to consumer and wholesale channels along with a strong foundation of general accounting. To start, you will be managing a process – not people. This role would be a great fit for you if you thrive in a dynamic, fast-growing environment and are looking for opportunities to build, learn, and grow.Responsibilities:
- Ensure the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of month end close activities for inventory, related inventory reserves, accruals, and COGS, including journal entries, account reconciliations and roll-forwards
- Analyze and ensure accuracy of Inventory data across financial systems including NetSuite, 3PL’s, distributors, and our analytics dashboard
- Establish and lead monthly analysis of inventory, reserves and reporting including variances against forecast/budget, researching discrepancies to proactively address revision of overall plan as needed
- Become the trusted partner to leadership in Supply Chain and Sales, representing their business processes in planning and execution
- Coordinate and provide Finance leadership over the cycle count process annually and more frequently as determined.
- Manage the Shopify daily reconciliation process including offshore resources as assigned.
- Provide insights, recommendations and ultimately ownership to ensure accounting systems and processes are continually streamlined via process improvement to achieve greater efficiencies and accuracy
- Assist the Corporate Controller in preparation of audit requests as needed
- Hire, train and empower a team as the company scales
- 5+ years of experience in inventory accounting and control within eCommerce and wholesale. Retail store environment considered a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA preferred
- Deep understanding of inventory accounting with a demonstrated ability to establish and implement controls and processes in an evolving business
- Experience with ERP accounting software, NetSuite and Shopify considered a plus
- Highly service oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated flexibility with changing priorities; ability to effectively organize, prioritize and time manage workload
- Ability to work cross-functionally and at different levels within and outside the organization
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- A supportive colleague and team player with strong interpersonal skills while also effective as an independent member of the team
- Curiosity, tenacity and attention to detail and process are considered valuable attributes
- Proficient in Google Suite; intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel (pivots, lookups, etc.)
- Competitive compensation package with meaningful equity
- Collaborative start-up culture with a close-knit, all star team
- Comprehensive health benefits and unlimited PTO
- Health related perks - Team workouts and company fitness lab
- 401k to eligible employee
- Wellness Benefit