Tempo’s mission is to give everyone the power to realize their strength and lead a healthy, full life.
It’s the first and only personal training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer and more effective workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
With its stunning and compact design, Tempo and all its included accessories work can be tucked away and fit seamlessly into any home. We believe the combination of beautiful hardware, AI technology, and premium content is how we help our members build a lifelong habit with fitness.
About The RoleTempo is seeking a Principal Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. You will be responsible for leading the development of features for the Tempo service while providing mentorship and guidance to a small team. You’ll be responsible for architecting and delivering features for Tempo’s back-end systems. Using your expertise in Python, AWS, and Systems Architecture, you will develop robust solutions to manage our data, APIs, live video systems, and other critical back-end features.
- 10+ years of professional software development experience in back-end development roles
- Deep expertise in Python/Flask development
- Strong knowledge of Devops and general Systems Architecture
- Leadership experience in terms of leading a major project or leading a small team
- Expertise in scaling back-end applications and services
- Familiarity with Git and Agile best practices
- CI experience (Travic, Circle, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience shipping clean, maintainable code
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience managing or working with remote teams in other countries
- Linux programming experience
- M.S. in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience with SQL or other relational databases
- Passion for fitness
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation package with meaningful equity
- Collaborative start-up culture with a close-knit, all star team
- Comprehensive health benefits and unlimited PTO
- Health related perks - Team workouts and company fitness lab
- 401k to eligible employees
- Wellness Benefit