Tempo’s mission is to give everyone the power to realize their strength and lead a healthy, full life.
It’s the first and only personal training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer and more effective workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
With its stunning and compact design, Tempo and all its included accessories work can be tucked away and fit seamlessly into any home. We believe the combination of beautiful hardware, AI technology, and premium content is how we help our members build a lifelong habit with fitness.
Tempo is thriving and we’re experiencing growth of over 300% in sales. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Google, YouTube, Netflix, Airbnb, Uber, Pixar, and Orangetheory, backed by $300 Million in funding from Softbank, General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, and Signal Fire.
About the Role
This role is responsible for all of the backend systems that power the Tempo Engineering ecosystem. You will be responsible for managing and building the team in charge of our data storage, APIs, stream processing and personalization platform that span across customer experience, engagement and growth initiatives.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to determine the product roadmap that aligns with the broader engineering and company vision at Tempo
- Own the roadmap execution and delivery of projects with high quality
- Grow, coach, and develop a team of software engineers
- Recruit high-quality engineering talent for the team
- Help define the engineering culture and uphold the processes that will shape the future of the team
- Help define the future of intelligent home fitness
- 5+ years experience minimum with direct people management, including growing and mentoring junior, senior and staff engineers, and developing and managing frontline engineering managers
- Customer-focused and experience working on a product team, shipping products to end-users.
- Strong background in building full stack engineering systems, from backend to mobile.
- Experience managing team sizes of around 40+ engineers
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation package with meaningful equity
- Collaborative start-up culture with a close-knit, all star team
- Comprehensive health benefits and unlimited PTO
- Health related perks - Team workouts and company fitness lab
- 401k to eligible employee
- Monthly Wellness Benefit