Tempo is the first home fitness system that tracks your motion and gives you instant feedback to improve your form—providing a more effective and safer workout. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo counts your reps, recommends weights, and enables expert trainers to guide you in real-time. Our flagship product, the Tempo Studio, is a complete home gym that packages a 42" HD touchscreen that streams live and on-demand class, a 115 lb weight set, and other accessories in a sleek, free-standing design.
Tempo is thriving and we’re experiencing growth of over 300% in sales. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Google, YouTube, Netflix, Airbnb, Pixar, and Orangetheory, backed by $300 Million in funding from Softbank, General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, and Signal Fire.
Tempo is seeking a charismatic, results-oriented, and enthusiastic Sales Associate who can skillfully drive business from the front lines in one of our first retail locations. In addition to understanding the needs of our customers and building long lasting relationships through in-store and online interactions, you will also exhibit your deep knowledge of our product by leading compelling customer demonstrations. As a master communicator, you will create a new ecosystem of customers, brand ambassadors, and partners to fuel growth for our company. If you’re highly motivated, passionate about fitness, and eager to drive impact in your local community, then we would love to meet you!
- Execute Tempo’s retail sales strategy through compelling customer interactions in store, and personalized phone and email follow-ups
- Maximize sales through exceptional customer service and by demonstrating a deep understanding of Tempo’s brand, product, and technology
- Lead conversations to understand each customer’s unique fitness goals/journeys and educate them on how Tempo can empower them to achieve any one of their goals
- Run premium-quality demos with both scheduled and walk-in customers
- Advise teammates on best practices to cultivate a positive team culture that embraces Tempo’s values and mission
- Become a brand ambassador in store and online to generate leads
- Utilize CRM software to maintain customer information, preferences, and feedback to maximize lead conversion
- Employ KPI reporting to identify opportunities within the sales funnel and execute sales best practices to drive sales and brand awareness
- 2+ years of experience in sales or customer facing role (preferably tech, fitness, or premium product retail)
- Customer-first with an ability to deliver great customer experiences that build brand loyalty and deliver exceptional sales results
- Empathetic, outgoing, and personable professional demeanor
- Team-oriented with a drive to exceed sales targets
- Master verbal and written communicator
- Ability to adapt quickly to evolving business needs and changes in retail strategy; has high learning agility
- Resilient; can handle difficult customer situations and turn those customers into brand champions
- Flexibility to work a standard retail schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Demonstrated excitement about fitness and our technology
- Experience working with CRM software, Slack, G Suite, Apple products preferred
- Ability to carry boxes 25-30lbs for stock transfers
- Can bend, reach, lift and move stock and products