Tempo’s mission is to give everyone the power to realize their strength and lead a healthy, full life.
It’s the first and only personal training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer and more effective workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
With its stunning and compact design, Tempo and all its included accessories work can be tucked away and fit seamlessly into any home. We believe the combination of beautiful hardware, AI technology, and premium content is how we help our members build a lifelong habit with fitness.
Tempo is thriving and we’re experiencing growth of over 300% in sales. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Google, YouTube, Netflix, Airbnb, Pixar, and Orangetheory, backed by $300 Million in funding from Softbank, General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, and Signal Fire.
About The Role
Tempo is seeking an ambitious, charismatic, and team-oriented Assistant Store Manager to partner with the Store Manager to take a lead role in one of our first retail locations. As a master salesperson, you will be critical in executing our retail strategy by leading the sales floor and delivering exceptional customer experiences. In addition to fostering a high-performance team that embodies our mission and values, you will also work with the Store Manager to ensure operational excellence and fuel growth for our company. If you’re highly motivated, passionate about fitness, and eager to shape the future of Tempo retail, then we would love to meet you!
- Support the Store Manager in all store operations (scheduling, store maintenance, reporting, policies and procedures); autonomously lead store open and close
- Execute Tempo’s retail sales strategy through compelling customer interactions in store, and personalized phone and email follow-ups
- Maximize sales through exceptional customer service and by demonstrating a deep understanding of Tempo’s brand, product, and technology
- Lead conversations to understand each customer’s unique fitness goals/journeys and educate them on how Tempo can empower them to achieve any one of their goals
- Exhibit best practices in demos with both scheduled and walk-in customers; train and develop team members to promote growth and development
- Become a brand ambassador in store and online to generate leads
- Identify business trends and continuously innovate to achieve desired results
- Utilize CRM software to maintain customer information, preferences, and feedback to maximize lead conversion
- Employ KPI reporting to identify opportunities within the sales funnel and execute sales best practices to drive sales and brand awareness
- 4+ years of experience in sales or customer facing role (preferably tech, fitness, or premium product retail) with history of meeting and exceeding sales goals
- A bachelor’s degree / associate degree
- Customer-first with an ability to deliver great customer experiences that build brand loyalty and deliver exceptional sales results
- Empathetic, outgoing, and personable professional demeanor
- Team-oriented with a drive to exceed sales targets
- Master verbal and written communicator
- Ability to adapt quickly to evolving business needs and changes in retail strategy
- Resilient; can handle difficult team or customer situations and turn those parties into brand champions
- Flexibility to work a standard retail schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Demonstrated excitement about fitness and our technology
- Experience working with CRM software, Slack, G Suite, Apple products preferred
- Retail management experience preferred